jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Can someone help with a question regarding page views?

1. anglfire693 profile image82
    anglfire693posted 7 years ago

Hey!  I read a very good article on here, wish I would have book-marked it, but I will find it again...anyway...it mentioned backlinks and listed some sites to start with, so I have spent the evening doing that.   One of the sites, Xomba, I finished about an hour ago and went back to check.  I listed my links as "xombytes", which means I just bookmarked my links to my hubpages hubs to increase traffic.  According to Xomba, I have already had about 80 reads on my various links...but when I check my hubpages I'm not seeing that increase in those numbers there, and I am not seeing an increase in my page impressions on adsense to account for these additional views of my hubs...can some one tell me what is going on? and how this all works?  Because if I am not benefiting, I am wondering why waste the time?

Thanks!

Dana

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hey Dana,

I only know of few ways to measure your traffic and that is (1) thru the back office where all your Hubs are listed and (2) atop each Hub you have is a statistic counter, which has different measurements, such as day, week, month.

I personally haven't tried backlinks, as of yet, and I've been here two months, my hubs have presently received 3800 views and I'm not advertising my Hubs anywhere, as of yet.

How ever, I do realize your reason for being here could be different than mine, so I leave with you that.

I hoped I helped.

anglfire693posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate your response!  I have not noticed this counter you mention atop each hub...I am going to look at that now!

Thanks again!

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is under "STATS" on each Hub.

Just found it...very interesting...thanks!

1. Cagsil profile image61
            Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You're Welcome.

Glad I could help.

3. Jeffrey Neal profile image86
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

If you want more detailed stats, you can sign up for Google Analytics.  It does a much better job of telling where your traffic is coming from and what various keywords the search traffic is using to find your hubs.

Follow the instructions here to set it up.  Not much to it.  I have not really done much with Xomba yet, though.

Thanks! I'll have to sign up for this...I feel I spend half my time, "signing up" for different sites & their tools...lol....

working