jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Page Views Vs. Impressions

1. anglfire693 profile image83
    anglfire693posted 6 years ago

Can someone please tell me why is it if I have 342 pages views according to hubpages, I only have 143 impression according to adsense?

Adsense ads are on every one of my hubs...so every time a hub is viewed, shouldn't that count as an impression?

Just trying to figure this all out...

I appreciate any information anyone can give me so I can try to figure out where my time is best spent in all of this.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I'm guessing you missed the part in the HubPages FAQ and TOS where they tell you that your affiliate codes are on your Hubs 60% of the time and that HubPages' codes are on the Hubs 40% of the time.

That's how they pay the bills around here, and why all of us get to use the site for free.

anglfire693posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nope...didn't miss that part...just didn't think about it when I just checked!  Sorry, I seemed to have wasted time with this question...just have so much going on, reading, learning, posting, signing up for new sites....it's a lot when you know absolutely nothing about this...When I joined a little over a week ago, I knew absolutely nothing regarding ANY of this stuff, I had never even blogged...I heard you could make money doing this, so I came here to write and up until a few days ago, I thought that was all I had to do...it's a lot to learn for us newbies with ADHD...huh....new hub idea...."Affiliate Programs, Angst and Adderall"...

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image88
        Jeffrey Nealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's funny!smile
        Yep, figuring out what you need to know starting out is like trying to take a drink from a fire hose.  There are some very knowledgeable hubbers here, though.  I have learned quite a bit here on HubPages from Darkside, sunforged, Nelle Hoxie, and Mark Knowles among others.  Read their hubs about hubbing, and making money online.  Nelle seems to be the affiliate expert here, and just looking at the layout of her hubs makes for teachable moments. smile

anglfire693posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it is quite overwhelming, but as you said, there are many hubbers who are a fountain of knowledge and information and everyone seems to be so helpful (including you!)  smile