jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

New affiliate/capsule suggestion: Etsy

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

I wonder how many hubbers would be interested in having Etsy capsules in their hubs, possibly tied into an affiliate programme as well if Etsy does such a thing. 

As an Etsy seller myself, I'd definitely welcome it!  Any thoughts?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Since Etsy doesn't have an affiliate program, I don't see this happening. 

As an Etsy seller, how much of your earnings would you be willing to give up if they did have one?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Would it work on a similar basis to Amazon, with Etsy giving me a small commission on any stuff sold via people clicking on Etsy products in my capsules?  I suppose a 5% commission would be reasonable.  But then again, maybe that would have a knock on effect in terms of increases in the listing fees they charge to people who actually sell stuff on Etsy.  Which means that I could end up losing out!  What are your thoughts?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think Relache is right.  Amazon and eBay both have affiliate programs that you join, then you get paid a commission. If there's no affiliate program, then there's no way to get paid the commissions.

Basically, Etsy would have to set up a program first, then I'm sure HP would consider it.

3. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 6 years ago

Amazon already has new affilite programs caleed Audible.com and Endless. com, so Hub Pages would be better off adding these as affiliates first in my opinion. Web"meister" would have to add though since its not appropriate to paste code to source here outside of the affilites listed.

4. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

one of the joys of being an etsy seller is the reasonable listing fees, integrating a true affiliate program would add to my costs as a seller, im not even slightly supportive of that idea

You can integrate your etsy products into hubs using existing abilities, link capsule, text capsule, photo capsule! w/o sharing a commission w. anyone!