jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

First Amazon Sale..... I think?

1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

So I woke up this morning and had a lovely surprise. In amazon I had 2 Ordered items, 4 clicks and a conversion of 50%. Total earning $0.00? I am excited but confused. I had a look at the report and the went for a wood carvers tool set from one of my hubs and a butternut practice block that they musta found after the tool set (guessing). It seems there is only 1 ordered item and I can't figure which it would be?

Confused but Excited

2. forlan profile image60
    forlanposted 6 years ago

Perhaps the clickers do not buy the item of product that you have promoted

kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have had loads and loads of clickers with no orders, Woke up this morning and for the first time had 2 ordered items and a conversion of 50% but no earnings from that conversion....

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Hi Kirsten, they generally only add the earnings on after the items have been dispatched. So look for them on the separate earnings report.  Congratulations on your orders, I had my first US Amazon order a couple of weeks ago and it is exciting!

Sure your order is the first of many.

Thanks CMHypno! I was wondering if they update the stats once a day or something similar, my mother in law is visiting and she says when she buys from amazon she gets like 3 emails before they dispatch the item (guesses its to do with protecting from credit card fraud) and it sounded like I might have to wait until tomorrow to find out the value of the conversion ect. I didn't want to get to excited to quick!

Now lets break out the bubbly! big_smile

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Congratulations on your first sale!!!!!

Yes they pay you after they ship. And the stats usually update about 8 am on the East Coast of the U.S. - once a day. Don't worry if it takes a few days, I've had items take weeks to ship.

5. jennasbigbras profile image60
    jennasbigbrasposted 6 years ago

Congrats, and don't worry, it looks like amazon are having reporting issues at the moment anyway.  Yesterday's stats were very late coming in and today they are showing me Nov 30th figs for my Dec totals.  Wait till tomorrow and then bask in your brilliance at making some money online!

6. kirstenblog profile image78

Stats have updated!!! Wooo Hooo my referral fee was $0.16 tongue lollollollollollol

1. David Ventura profile image79
      David Venturaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations on your first sale, and don’t feel bad about that Amazon comission, one of my lenses in Squidoo had its first sale the other day and I really was excited about it. It sold a “HDMI Cable - 2 Male Connectors - 2 Meters” that generally sells for $13, however they are selling it in a bargain for $0.32 nowadays, so my commission was only 1 cent smile

The good thing is that the next one surely will be bigger, lol.

7. 0
    assemberposted 6 years ago

Tis an ice breaker

8. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I'm sure the next one will be bigger! And if you get 7 sales in one month, your commission jumps from 4% to 6% retroactively for all products sold that month. On the day that that happens you'll see a nice pop.

I did not know this. I mis-read your comment last nite too! I got the idea that it had to be 7 in a month for the commission to increase, not that the increase will retroactively effect all sales for the month big_smile. I am glad I re-read your post! I have my fingers crossed that I can make 6 more sales in the run up to christmas cool

Even if I don't I am really encouraged by this sale, reminds me of my first adsense click. I was so excited to see that this writing stuff really can work for earning money yikes. As I build up more good pages with cool amazon stuff on offer I should see sales increase in much the same way that adsense clicks do big_smile

9. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

congratulations, you're on your way!

10. kirstenblog profile image78

Update, both items sold in the end, so had 2 sales not 1 from the one user! Wooo Hooo! Took them a while to confirm the purchases I guess. Fingers crossed that I get another 5 sales this month so  I  can increase my referral rate retro-actively for these purchases big_smile