jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Does it matter where or which order the key words are in?

1. SandyMcCollum profile image86
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

So should I go through and put the great keywords in front of the so-so keywords? I just recently found out how to do it better but now I wonder about the order of keywords.

1. Leelin profile image61
      Leelinposted 6 years ago

Hey McCollum is my girl friend of 20 years last name as well! You should use your main keyword phrase (single keywords are usually too competitive) in your title and in the first paragraph, then another time or two in the body. Yes you should use it in the order it will be typed in a search engine. I usually have a list of keywords or phrases that are relevant to my main phrase that I try to use in my article as well.
      Hope this helps Sandy.

2. SandyMcCollum profile image86
      SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Thank you, Leelin! I'm sure your girlfriend is nice, and cute and pretty, too! wink

But, in my keyword list, does that order matter? I already had keywords typed in, and I added some better ones and tweaked my titles and subtitles, etc. But the new keywords are at the end of my list of keywords. Should they be first in the list, since they are better keywords, or does it matter?

1. Leelin profile image61
        Leelinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I make a list of keywords and phrases when I'm writing anything I want to rank in the serps. I list and try to use the highest paying keywords first (if I want to make money from AdSense that is) and work my way down the line hoping to get on page one for all of them.lol If I'm wanting to sell eBooks, a service, or something like that I just try to use keywords that will bring me the most traffic, regardless of there CPC. Your main keyword/s should be in your title, as well as a few times in the body (preferably in the opening sentence/paragraph), with your secondary ones worked in as best you can.
        It's not an exact science tho (Google's involved!!)