jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

A bit of good news

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Last Friday I met with a film director friend of mine who shot a pilot episode of a quirky new TV show that he's pitching to a bunch of studios in January. I was invited to the pilot shooting this past October and hung out with the actors and crew. It was a very cool and informative two days.

There is virtually no budget to shoot this pilot and pitch it. Everyone is working for free to see if we can make it work. I was (as I call it...) "dinkin'” around on the piano and landed on what I thought might be good theme music for the show, so I called my director friend and we met and he was totally elated about it! So now we're scheduling time to record, produce and segment it for the pilot. Just wanted to share the good news with my friends here. It's always a shot in the dark, and although I can't say much about the series or the pilot, it's definitely snarky, fun, a bit of a comedy and also a drama. So wish us luck, if you would.

I'm also collaborating with our very own Aya Katz, here on HP on a stage musical. The script is very powerful. I've got lots of musical ideas, and I think many of them will work, but that is all yet to be determined as the structure of the music is fleshed out with the script. I hope we can get into workshops and readings around April next year. I think that's a reachable goal.

So my writing hubs is suffering while I focus on my first love of composing for a while. I just wanted to give you all an update and share a little good news. Let's hope the momentum keeps going.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes a shot in the dark hits the bull's eye.

Good luck. big_smile

I would say I am preying for you, but.............

1. 0
        A Texanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. Daniel Carter profile image91
        Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol I think we're all preying for the studios. First one that shows a weak spot and she's goin' down, big time. Money is good for such things, I hear....

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

wow Daniel! that is good news, not just a bit of good news lol That is soooo cool!

3. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

Looks like you are following your heart smile Congrats! Holly

4. 0
    A Texanposted 6 years ago

This forum is a dramady, do you need an executive producer?

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
      Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think the project is overrun and overwrought with producers. But thanks for the offer!

5. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

Good luck to you and congrats!  composing music is a holy, wonderful thing - Can't wait to hear it.

6. Ivorwen profile image82
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

That is fantastic!

7. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 6 years ago

Great News!  Good for you.  Keep us posted!

8. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 6 years ago

that sounds great !!!
    Best of luck to all of you !!! smile

9. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Congrats!  How cool is that!?  I'm excited for you!

10. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Too cool, Dan! Good for you. I wish you all the best!

11. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

hey, Daniel, that's great news and a good way to get your name out there! 
    another good way to get going is at film festivals, meeting the different movers and shakers. do you have any near you?