jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who are your heroes, and why?

1. Frugal Fanny profile image61
    Frugal Fannyposted 6 years ago

One of my heroes...er....heroines....  is an ex client of mine.  Besides that she had a heart of gold, she raised three kids by herself, she first taught herself how to use a computer, then taught herself become a successful internet marketer (which was followed up by learning how to do other businesses online).  Eventually, she raised herself up from being on welfare to having a very satisfying income. She is positive minded, exceptionally smart, and a wonderful person all around. 

she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and took it upon herself to campaign for the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade, through several ingenious ways.  She raised over $13,000.  I think her light should be shared, so have a look:

http://www.breastcancervictory.com/in-s … r-crusade/

My other two heroines are my mother and my sister, for reasons that are more personal.  I hope each and every one of you has a hero/heroine to look up to.  Or....maybe you are someone's hero. smile

2. mistywild profile image61
    mistywildposted 6 years ago

my father, because he is a book of knowledge.

3. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

My parents because they raised me to be who I am today.
    My friends for always sticking up for me and for always supporting me and being by my side through thick and thin.
    Teachers because they have inspired me to become one.
    The Military and their families because of their sacrifces they have made for my freedom and so that I can life my life the way I want to live it.
    And Authors for inspiring me to want to write and for kicking my imagination into full gear so I can write.

4. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

My heroes...

Paul Newman - More than just giving money, he helped many
                    with jobs and a hand up.

My husband, Reid - No matter what cancer or treatments have
                taken from me, he only sees my heart.

I also have been blessed with many inspiring souls in my life who have influenced me greatly smile Holly

5. Himitsu Shugisha profile image76
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 6 years ago

My grandmother - she gave me a childhood and taught me how to be a better man.