jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Need Help on How to Place Images to the Left of Text?

1. quotations profile image94
    quotationsposted 8 years ago

I understand how to add images, and I have been able to place them on the right hand side relative to a column of text, but no matter what I try, I cannot get the image to show up on the left hand side with the text to the right.

Is that a limitation of the hubpages editing feature, or am I doing something wrong?

If anyone can explain step by step, I would really appreciate it.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

You can't have images to the left of text, plain and simple.  The photo capsules don't allow it.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

The only way I know would is to paste a photo into a word document, in the left-hand cell of a 2-cell table, type text into the right-hand cell, save page as a PDF and then convert with Photoshop to a .jpeg or .gif. Then upload the .jpeg or .gif  Jpeg is better and clearer image.

I don't use this often, because the text is usually too hazy, especially in .gif. I write tables mostly, font size at least 14 points and bold, save as pdf, convert to jpeg and upload.

4. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

Similar to what Patty said, you can create what you want in another application Photo(left)|Text(right) and then use a simple program like Gadwin Printscreen to capture the image as a jpg file and upload it as a file. 

It's not complicated, but you may have to try to match text fonts.

5. ohohdon profile image79
    ohohdonposted 8 years ago

My preference would be to leave the picture to the right of the text.  If you change your text to a picture, you lose the ability to optimize your text for the search engine spiders.  They can't read the text off the pictures.  All you have left are the titles and captions.

6. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Being able to have an image to the left would be nice, but I wouldn't sacrifice valuable content by making it into an image.

Search engines won't know it exists.

I'd advise against doing so.

7. babybrownfox profile image55
    babybrownfoxposted 8 years ago

Yep.. I would agree Darkside. It would be better to have the content instead of an image.

8. Kenny Wordsmith profile image82
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 8 years ago

I agree with the others. Patty, don't do that unless absolutely needed.