jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Photos

1. Titletown Talk profile image60
    Titletown Talkposted 8 years ago

Another dumb beginners' question: What are the best sources to obtain photographs to go with your hubs? In my case, Green Bay Packers and NFL related pictures.

I'm assuming I could use stuff off of the respective Web sites, such as historical NFL photos of retired players.

Or what about permissions, copyright issues, etc.?

2. Inspirepub profile image86
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

This question has been asked before - just look back at earlier threads for the detail.

Basically, images on the net are copyright, unless it says otherwise. You can get permission to use them, or hope they don't catch you using them without permission, buy the right to use them, or find ones which are explicitly allowed to be used.

iStock is used by several people who are willing to pay, and searching Flickr under "creative commons" is a good way to find ones you can use for free - as long as you abide by the creative commons rules, so make sure you read and understand those.

Jenny

Titletown Talkposted 8 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the info.

3. 60
    notaguruposted 8 years ago

Hello there,

You can try out and use www.deviantart.com. You might find some images free of cost there. Please checkout the images that are specifically have a download button. the download button allows you to distribute or use the image. You might find images related to your topics there.

There is another website known as istockphoto. Basically you can purchase an image for a buck over there. There are millions of photos hosted on this site and I never failed to find an image for a given topic.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rahail Salamat

Titletown Talkposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for the info. I'll check them out.

working