jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

This is so sad...

1. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

My daughter called tonight, one of her friends heard that "her (my daughter's) mom died" and her friend was all freaked out that I died.  There is another young lady who is the same age as my son, whose first and last name are the same as my daughter - her mom died on Monday - great lady, same age as I am, we live in the same town and the kids attend school together.  Her husband and my husband are distant relatives (great grandfathers were brothers).

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

aaaa that is sad...a horrible mix up I would have to say...

3. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

Wow, that is sad. I thought I had it bad cause the pharmacy always messes up mine and the other one of me's scripts but never thought about if she died.

4. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 6 years ago

Terrible! So sad.

5. heart4theword profile image63
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

That is great it wasn't you! If it was me, I would be counting my blessings and taking a little closer look at my life.  Seeing if there are some things I want to change or enhance.  Get the most out of my days, because we are never promised tomorrow.  Even though we have hope for tomorrow.  Yet it is not me, so I wont tell you what to do:) LOL

6. Ohma profile image83
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I have another me also. Mostly she just gets me into trouble. I have been arrested several times and had to prove that it was not me they were looking for. This is not a case of identy theft she is using her actual identity it is just very similar to mine. First, middle and last name the same. the same birthday. born in the same hospital. I am fortunate that when my dad applied for my SS# he used a version of my name that is not on my birth certificate. It is the only proof I have that we are 2 different people.

7. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Makes me wonder if there is someone out there with my name too....

8. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Yikes! That's pretty scary. I am glad there's only one me (so far). That's a very sad situation. We had several (vastly premature) notifications of the death of relatives, but have been fairly lucky aside from some jangled nerves.

9. cashmere profile image83
    cashmereposted 6 years ago

Life is a mixed bag, and the only real truth is death.

1. robie2 profile image91
      robie2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

...and birth-- birth, after all, is the leading cause of death smile