jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Adsense Scams and new sites

1. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

I've signed up to a couple of new sites this week: shetoldme, yousaytoo (see my profile for a referral link *grin*) - and have added my adsense and amazon IDs where appropriate.

Am I opening myself up to any type of scam by including my Adsense account number on these sites? I don't think so, as I am giving no other personal information - I just wanted to check there wasn't an 'angle' I am missing here???

2. rsmallory profile image84
    rsmalloryposted 6 years ago

I've been on shetoldme for about 2 months and haven't had any issues...

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

You should always be careful when sharing your adsense id, your not opening up yourself to being scammed, but you are trusting the other site to stay within adsense TOS in the way they use your id.

That being said, I also use and recommend the sites you mentioned

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks - I have been a little worried about sharing Adsense IDs just for the reason you state - especially as a couple of the sites add your ads to some of your referrals - I guess I have to vet my referrals carefully to ensure they are not breaking Google's TOS.

4. MikeNV profile image74
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

What you could actually be doing is LOWERING your income.

Adsesne applies a quality score to ACCOUNTS on a site wide basis.  Not to sites individually.

So lets say you are making $100 a week from your Adsense Efforts and then you go out and sign up for some new unknown Rev Share site.

All of a sudden you are getting more traffic but you are now only making $80 a week.

Why?  Because Adsense has devalued your ENTIRE account based on your participation with a new untrusted site.

The way to make money with Adsense is not to go out and sign up for every thing there is or to post as many ad blocks as possible.

Sadly most people who are participating in Adsense have no real understanding of how it works.

They work harder and harder and make less and less.  And Google Cashes in on their ignorance.

5. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

he refers to smart pricing

I regularly receive $1+ clicks from many of the mentioned adsense sharing sites and enjoy an e C P M of approx 150.00 (approx for tos) on them. Smart Pricing is set monthly, so if you do see noticeable drops in earnings after using any sharing site, you can react w/o any permanent effects