jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

hmm interesting shetoldme happening...

1. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

has this ever happened to you?

i was backlinking my hubs, which i haven't done in a while, and i found a scoop about my hub only i didn't put it there. a blogger at docstoc did. she didn't say she wrote it or anything. i was just surprised to see someone putting a backlink to my hub. it is on a topic (makeup) that she writes about (she's an avon rep).

anyway, it was kind of a surprise. i'm not complaining, just wondering if this happened to anyone else, and does anyone see anything negative about this? if not i will leave it alone. it's funny, i finally added a backlink to that hub and it was already there, heh.

1. Himitsu Shugisha profile image76
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds to me like she appreciated your article and decided to help you out. I would chaulk it up as a compliment and maybe reach out to her for additional support. smile

2. 0

thank you. i will message her over there. now i just need to figure out how to do that wink

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

That's why you're supposed to write quality content -- so people will link to you on their own. My blogs have tons of unsolicited links to them from other blogs.

I also have a few sites that have linked to one or another of my hubs. I keep on top of it through Analytics. If you go to Traffic Sources > Referring Sites, you'll see other sites besides just the search engines that are sending you traffic.

4. 0

cool. i will get more into those analytics. so much information to go through. thank you.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

does everyone here use shetoldme? I haven't checked it out yet.

cosette, analytics reveals so much. I check it a few times a week to see where traffic is coming from, what keywords they used, how long they stayed, bounce rate... there is so much there and so much more I'm still learning about. it gives you the percentages of where all of your traffic comes from.

5. 0
    pgrundyposted 6 years ago

I've had stuff like that happen. But just as often if people like my content they just steal it.

I need to get a system for going after those folks and actually do it every month or so. I have at least a dozen of those little c's and some of them have been stolen multiple times.

Sometimes bloggers email me and offer to trade backlinks, and I usually do it if they ask nice.

6. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Actually I was considering scooping some other peoples hubs.... I get a decent amount of adsense revenue from shetoldme.com.... I would feel a little bad if I didnt ask them though, in case they were members themselves.

7. 0

yeah i would most likely ask just so they don't go "what?" smile

thanks for the input you guys.

8. successfulblogger profile image61
    successfulbloggerposted 6 years ago

I have been able to increase my traffic as well with backlinks.