jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

Things You know That Really Work

1. 20gsxr05 profile image61
    20gsxr05posted 6 years ago

These are the things that i have seen that worked for me.They have increase my search engine ranking

backlink to my site

submitting articles

posting comments

1. oderog profile image42
      oderogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's great to see things that are working for you, just need to understand something where are you back linking your websites. Secondly you have talked of submitting articles, to where? assuming you were assisting a newbie here at hubapges and you wanted the person to understand your second point, thirdly posting comments - are posting comments on your own hubs or other hubbers hubs or you are posting comments on blogs other than hubs.

2. shanekruger profile image61
      shanekrugerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you should use these kind of posting in seo forums.

2. 20gsxr05 profile image61

guess no one cares

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Passing judgement on others is not a pretty or popular practice hmm authors on HubPages are from different parts of the world and not everybody is online @ snap of your fingers tongue not to mention this forum may have already been or in progress already and exist elsewhere.

4. 20gsxr05 profile image61

I never thought of it like that

5. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

3 weeks, 7 hubs, and a hubscore of 80..not bad 20 not bad at all. gotta ask...are you wrapped up in a blanket?

6. 20gsxr05 profile image61

how did you guess

7. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Is it cold there?

8. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

hmmm maybe I'm thinking about bed and getting all wrapped in my blankie lol

9. 20gsxr05 profile image61

yes it is very cold here in atlanta.I need to turn the a/c up a few degrees

10. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Another GA hubber! Hi, neighbor!

11. 20gsxr05 profile image61

Where are you from

12. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 6 years ago

backlinking to your own personal website(promoting) helps but, backlinking to others doesnt help YOUR traffic. Your traffic is only increased if that website backlinks you in return, driving a little extra traffic to your site or Hub. To get backlinks you either need to network with the ADMIN of the site in cooperation or just get lucky and hope they backlink to your hub or site by noticing that you linked to them. Or another possible way is for an admin( using Technorati , etc,) to see that you've produced a well written article that corressponds to what they are promoting on their site and getting lucky that they backlinked you! Networking by using Technorati tp pick relevant web sites and contacting those WEbadminisstrators and asking for mutual backlinks is the only good way of manually getting backlinks. Posting backlinks to others without reciprocation only gives you better page ranks for search engines (which is good)but will not get you extra referring traffic without reciprocal backlink networking... better search engine traffic but less referring traffic if they do not reciprocate. P.s backlinking makes page rank go up only if its relevant/related content. If the google parsers( bot crawlers) see no relevance in the backlink your page rank may go down, so only backlink using relevant links

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ME122, I think you may be confused about the word backlink.  A backlink is a link FROM another site TO your site.  If you have a link on your site out TO someone else's site, that's just a link, not a backlink.

There's some evidence that Google likes it if you have some links out TO other authority sites, but that's not nearly as important as backlinks FROM other sites.

If Google sees other sites linking to yours, they see that as an indicator of quality.  However, they've got wise to the idea of reciprocal linking, and won't give you the credit if they can see you've just exchanged links. 

So what you really want are one-way links, where other sites lin to you, but you don't have to link back.  If you both have multiple sites, you can be clever and link in such a way that there are no reciprocal links.

13. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I do link exchanges with appropriate sites all of the time for my own sites. If they are similar to mine and the link makes sense, I think it does help rankings. But I would never do an exchange with a link farm. Then I do think that Google would penalize my site.