jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

sometimes there is a problem in posting a comment

1. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 6 years ago

Sometimes even after writing a comment when post a comment button is pressed it shows following message:
    "Please enter a comment before posting".This is not a regular problem but happens occasionaly.

1. lorlie6 profile image86
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for bringing this one up-I thought I was nuts!  yikes

2. PegCole17 profile image89
    PegCole17posted 6 years ago

Good! I mean bad. The comments thing was driving me nuts. I work on a comment and finally hit the "post a comment" button and the system takes me out and doesn't say, waiting for author's approval or ??

Happened again this am. Was trying to post to pgrundy's latest.

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

You guys are not nuts.  I was noticing that myself the last several days.  I would guess it's a bug in the HubPages code. I did find a work-around though.  If you get the message that says "Please enter a comment before posting" then just copy the text you wrote, click your browser's refresh button, and then paste the text back into the text box and click "Submit".  For me, it went through each time I did that.

You may not need to copy and paste after refresh. Just a precaution so you don't need to retype what you wrote in case "refresh" clears the text.

1. Money Glitch profile image89
      Money Glitchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've had the same problem at least once a day for about a week now, it seems.  I can testify that what Glenn has suggested has been working for me as well.  smile

4. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

comments are glitchy.... just copy before trying to post. lately mine have disappearing with all previous comments, and i have to completely retype. there are many threads about the comments box glitch. check those out.