jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Should I delete a low scoring hub?

1. seamus profile image60
    seamusposted 8 years ago

I have one hub that only scores in the  60s.

What do you more experienced Hubbers do with your hubs that don't perform well?

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LOL - I have dozens of hubs that score in the 60s - Until someone wants an obscure recipe. Osso Bucco or Smoked Trout Creams anyone?

2. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Keep it, and see if there are any more applicable tags you could add.  Try going back and seeing if you missed any intended content, or if there is a video you can find which pertains to the content of your Hub. 

Hope that helps!

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

If it goes below 50 then you should have a good look as to why.

Otherwise don't worry about it. So long as your Author Score is over 75.

4. Whitney05 profile image69
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

This seems to be a common question- to delete or not delete. I don't think one sould delete a hub unless you are completely unsatisfied with the hub quality. And, in that case, why not just make it better instead of deleting it. Same for low scored hubs- make them better in hopes to increase the score. Add pictures, videos, links, and RSS feed, info, or any mix of them.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image68
      Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

We can agree on this, Whitney! :-)   I have plenty of undeleted low scoring hubs.

1. Whitney05 profile image69
        Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad we finally agree on something.

5. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 8 years ago

I remember asking this question before..I have re-edited hubs to increase the score which i continue to do to many hubs old and new and it will work..
    Another word the hubteam use which is always to mind and that is you must be "proud" of your hub regardless of score...
    Some of my hubs have increased scores dramatailly after a few months without any re-editing.!!

6. seamus profile image60
    seamusposted 8 years ago

Thank you for the advice. I'll keep it and improve it.

One thing I forgot to mention is that my author score went down. When I first joined, my author score was in the 80s. Right after I added the hub in question, my author score went down into the 70s.

Oh, well. I'll probably never know the exact reason why. smile

1. Whitney05 profile image69
      Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

There are so many different things that go into hubber score. Mine has recently been dropping as well. Just try harder to get it up. Participate in the community more- comments, forum, requests, etc.

7. seamus profile image60
    seamusposted 8 years ago

You all inspired me. I just spent waaaay too much time re-doing my loser hub. smile

8. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Yours has been dropping, Whitney?

I've never seen it below the mid-90s the whole time I have been here!

Oh, to be dropping in that way ...

... I have never yet reached 90. I am resigned to the fact that I have low traffic topics and probably won't reach those dizzy heights until I have over 100 Hubs.

But Jason tells me it's quite normal to have "minor fluctuations" of 5 points and it's nothing to worry about if your score goes from, say 81 to 76 overnight.