jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

It's Official, I made my first DOLLAR!!

1. chantelg4 profile image80
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share the good news. Yes, it's official, I've earned $1. Whoo-hoo!! I know it's not a million and it took 2800 hits to get, but what the heck, I'm thrilled! Jeez, it takes 5 months for my officiaI website to bring that kind of traffic. I had heard good things about hubpages and wasn't so sure about it, but once you really get involved, it's awesome.

It's not about the money anyways, I like the challenge of creating content based on what I like and improving on it. The community is also one of the best I've seen, very supportive. I am a total addict now and it's only been 5 weeks.

Anyways, just wanted to be gitty with someone!!! (my kids think I'm nuts, but I know you guys appreciate the effort that goes into hubpages)

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Congratulations, it's a good start smile

3. ysdata profile image58
    ysdataposted 8 years ago

It's amazing how happy we get.  I was so excite over my first .63 cents until I told my daughter and saw her face.  I was still happy, I just kept it on the inside now.

4. vanessa dobbins profile image60
    vanessa dobbinsposted 8 years ago

Im glad to hear that you really can make money doing this. congrats

5. Marc David profile image59
    Marc Davidposted 8 years ago

The feeling is overwhelming... congratulations.  I wish you more success.

6. David Francis profile image59
    David Francisposted 8 years ago

Congratulations. Hopefully I'll make my first dollar soon too. Anyone any idea what kind of money it is possible to make from a hub in say a year?

wishing you further success,

7. ripplemaker profile image89
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

I had the same feeling with the cents and the 1 dollar thing. hahaha Congratulations.  lol

8. Kenny Wordsmith profile image82
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 8 years ago

Congratulations! Don't tell your family, tell us. We understand it better! smile

9. Jungle Talk profile image60
    Jungle Talkposted 8 years ago

Wow, that is great. It is also inspiring for me to hear.

Kenny is right, don't tell your kids tell us! When I tell my kids what I'm trying to do, I get that "glazed over eyes" response that tells me I"ve lost them anyway.

This is a great community and I hope to join you with some success as I get further along too!

10. chantelg4 profile image80
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

Good idea, I'll keep it for hubbers only lol!

11. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

I told my husband I made .70 today and he looked at me like I was crazy!  Why do you spend so much time Hubbing, was the look in his eyes?  I wanted to say that .70 in a single day was incredible - at least for me - so let's go celebrate!!  Oh well, its about the fun, and not much more.  Its a great outlet, and as long as I keep it in perspective, I'm doing great!

12. rockinjoe profile image86
    rockinjoeposted 8 years ago

Congrats! I've been with Hubpages just over a year now and Google has been very good to me. Stick with it:)

13. Talem profile image82
    Talemposted 8 years ago

awesome.  May that $1 turn into $100!

14. topstuff profile image59
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

Drops make the rivers,pennies make the pounds.Is not it.what you say?