Going to Hospital Tomorrow (Tuesday)

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (45 posts)
  1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

Hi All,

just to let you know I am in hospital tomorrow for an operation to remove some broken bone fragments from my right elbow joint. This means I will be in hospital overnight, plus I may not be able to type easily for at least a couple of weeks, so please don't worry about me if I seem to be online less often for a short while. Trust me, as soon as my elbow is mobile again I shall be back here as per normal.

Take Care All

Mistyhorizon2003

1. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ahh that sucks! I hope everything goes well and that you're feeling back to normal in no time smile

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Take care. smile  See ya when you get better.

3. Nell Rose profile image89
      Nell Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

just to say good luck, and don't forget to take a couple of books with you, as It gets very boring after an op just sitting there staring at everything! cheers Nell

mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hope I'll only be in for one night, but will take a book just in case big_smile

4. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

omg, im so sorry to hear that misty.  i hope you'll be okay

I am sure I will be fine thanks, I have had these fragments in my elbow for well over a year now, just didn't know they were there for sure until about four months ago smile

1. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh i see. well i hope it goes well then for you.  im sorry to hear that happened to you.

Thanks Stevennix, it is my own fault really, as I fell off a chair by our fishing lake at a friend's Birthday party (after quite a bit of alcohol) and landed on my elbow. Fortunately it was on a grass surface or it could have been much worse!!

2. NunezWillLearn profile image60
          NunezWillLearnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good Gracious,
          And you didn't experience any sort of pain till date? Anyways, I wish you speedy recovery. Moreover I'm confident that we will see you online soon. But I request you to ping me or send me a mail when you come back would like to know about your health

5. elisabethkcmo profile image77
      elisabethkcmoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you take care, yourself...
      sending positive thoughts to you from across the pond.

Thanks Elisabeth, will do, and I shall look forward to my return smile

6. Princessa profile image81
      Princessaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All the best to you and have a speedy recovery!

7. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

good luck Misty, hope you haev a speedy recovery!!  smile

8. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

take care and take it easy, maita

2. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Take care, Misty. Hope you recover as quickly and painlessly as possible. smile

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Cheers Guys, don't intend to be away any longer than I have to smile

4. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Best wishes and speedy recovery Misty! I hope you back up to speed soon. smile

Thanks Pam, will no doubt be incredibly frustrated by not being able to use my computer for any length of time, especially if I can see activity, comments etc but can't reply to them !!!

5. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Take it easy Misty - hope that everything goes well. The days will fly by and you will soon be back smile

Thanks Sufi, (and everyone), gotta go to bed now as it is nearly midnight here, and I have to be at the hospital by 07.30am (Yuck), so better get some sleep. Will be back online soon I hope and thanks for the kind wishes big_smile

6. Mezo profile image59
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

It is gonna be okay
    good luck with the operation...take care

7. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Misty,

Good luck tomorrow!  Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.  Until you're back, take care!

((Hugs))

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Take care.

9. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I wish you a very speedy recovery! smile

10. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

Good luck Misty, I'm sure you'll make a quick recovery!

11. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Hey Misty, wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery! Take care and listen to the doctors. yikes

12. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Mirroring everyone else's best wishes but - be well and hope you have a speedy recovery smile

13. BEAUTYBABE profile image68
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

Hi Misty,

This is Beautybabe, we haven't met yet, but I know all about going into hospital, as I spent half my life in an out for one thing or another mainly bowel surgery.
    Anyway, I just wanted to wish you all best for a speedy recovery .I just had surgery on my shoulder, and in the new year I am going to have the other one done. I hope we can catch up again later, when you have had your surgery, so take care and I will be thinking about you Misty God Bless BB

14. hublim profile image68
    hublimposted 14 years ago

Best wishes and a speedy recovery. Hubpages needs you!

Don’t get yourself down about your restricted typical, look for the “humorous” and you’ll be great.

15. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Speedy recovery, mistyhorizon.  (Of course, you may figure out how to type even with an "iffy", post-surgery, elbow.)   smile

16. fishtiger58 profile image69
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Good luck and take care.

17. gracenotes profile image90
    gracenotesposted 14 years ago

Misty,
    I wish you well.  Hurry back.  I'm going to find out this same thing early next year when I have surgery.

18. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Thanks everyone, I am really touched by all your well wishes. I am back from the hospital now and they have removed a large piece of loose bone fragment (approx 1 inch long) from my elbow joint, plus two other smaller pices. Unfortunately they say my elbow joint has suffered some wear and tear because of this and the surface of it is quite roughened, so it is very likely I will get arthritis in it in later life. The good news is I have just realised I can still type if I rest my forearm on my lap and work from the wrist only, so should be back to normal output soon big_smile

Nice to be back from the hospital too, nothing beats being in your own home and your own bed smile

19. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Misty, my thoughts are with you.  Take care of you and your elbow!

20. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Sorry, Misty. Get well soon!

21. Laura du Toit profile image74
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

Missed the original post so too late to wish you luck before the op - Here's hoping to see you mobile soon and active as ever on Hubpages. smile

22. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

we're all there with ya, miss ya and come back soon or else!

23. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Thanks Guys, I shall be on here properly again before you know it smile

24. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Good luck. Hope you recover quickly so you can
    enjoy Xmas.

25. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Thanks Lady E, I sure am working on it and my lovely Hubby is running around looking after me too smile

26. NaomiR profile image75
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Take care. Lot of luck tomorrow.

27. abcd1111 profile image60
    abcd1111posted 14 years ago

Welcome home misty! Here's hoping they didn't remove your funny bone.

Get well fast!

28. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Thanks everyone again, and a special LOL to abcd1111, I don't think they will ever remove that big_smile

29. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Speedy recovery Misty!  Ice, ice, ice!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)