jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

I kind of feel stupid for asking but If there is someone who joined hubpages 3 hours or so ago and has published 5 hubs...isn't there supposed to be more to a hub than a rss link, a few ads and a comment box? would that qualify as duplicate? (I need Marks permission to place sarcastic dude here) All five hubs seem the same...a very confused me!!!! Zs

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

It sounds like SPAM to me.

3. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

So what do would you do?zs

1. Hope Alexander profile image79
      Hope Alexanderposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hunt them down, clap them in irons, drag them to the stocks and hurl rotten fruit at them until they learned the error of their ways.

Society really has gone downhill greatly since we removed the stocks from the town square...

4. Bob Ewing profile image63
    Bob Ewingposted 8 years ago

I saw this as well.

5. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Some people flag them, some people don't bother smile

6. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

Thanks Misha! I just don't understand the mentalety behind this type of c**p? What a waste of time...Zsuzsy

7. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

You might want to flag them as low quality.

8. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

Thanks Relache! I just came back to the computer and was going to flag all 5...Thanks for the advice.Zsuzsy

9. Marc David profile image60
    Marc Davidposted 8 years ago

There's a lot of people like that.  With any service, forums or places that are popular, you'll see an influx of low quality users who think they can cash in quickly and make a buck.  Do they think actual human beings enjoy reading 300 words of nothing but a sales pitch?

It happens on articles sites, forums, websites, blogs, you name it!

The only thing that will keep this place running smooth and full of high quality hubs is the Hubber community.  From what I can see in the short amount of time here, I feel this place can survive and is full of high quality content.  What you can do is...

Flag them as spam or low quality.  Take 2 seconds if you get suckered into reading something awful to warn the next person so maybe they don't waste time.

After running several communities myself, I can tell you without a doubt that if the community sets a high standard and enforces, it.. the people who join will either participate as human beings trying to create things that benefit the Internet and enrich other people's lives or they will be forced out as they realize it's not tolerated here and their behavior is not profitable.

I've seen some awesome hubs by long time members.  I've learned a thing or two.  And some hubs are by members who joined 3 days ago and have 10 of the worst hubs ever.  I flag them in hopes others won't waste time and won't take away from the true work of the people who have put in some real thought into their work.

10. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Can we have a warning on those, please?

.... mopping coffee from keyboard ...