jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Carry Underwood's Holiday Special

1. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Did anyone watch this last night.  The music was good.  Acting, eh, not so good.  She closed with a song that was amazing.  Take a listen, with your heart smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-nng3821YU

2. profile image0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

I tried to watch it but i was also watching Grey's Anatomy rerun on Lifetime and every time I turned back to the special I only caught the tail end of a song before a commercial!!

I did see the black leather pants and platforms though--looked like she could barely walk! yikes

3. K Partin profile image57
    K Partinposted 7 years ago

We watched it last night, was kind of disappointed not so many Christmas songs for being a Holiday Special. She did a great job on "Oh Holy Night" wow! smile Other than that pretty corny.

4. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 7 years ago

I thought it was pretty good - she is rather young but did alright. What scared me was wondering how much plastic surgery Dolly must have had done - she looks like she hasn't aged in close to 40 years!!!

1. K Partin profile image57
      K Partinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, and hasn't seen her feet in that amount of time too.... yikes

1. h.a.borcich profile image61
        h.a.borcichposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL that would be true smile

1. K Partin profile image57
          K Partinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

smile

5. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

I enjoyed the show. It showed another side to her, which I thought was kind of good. Should have had more Christmas music I agree, but Holy Night was just awesome. When she sings songs that allows her to use her higher vocal range, she is amazing.

6. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Haven't watched it yet.  Recorded it on the DVR for my sister, who has a big crush on Carrie.  She'd probably like it even without the sound.  smile

7. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

I just watched part of this yesterday with my sister.  The skits were incredibly corny, truely some of the worst I've seen.  I thought the sound quality was poor.  She sounded flat a lot.  Didn't make it to the last song yet.  Small doses only.

working