jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Very confusing...

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
    DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago

Up until recently I had only posted poetry here on hubpages. With a fleeting interest, the scores got up into low to mid 60's. I recently posted a blog called the 'Annoyance Blog'. While this has only 17 views and no comments, It somehow outstrips the poems and reaches 73, even against other hubs that have had 40 or so views. I don't understand this...

1. frogdropping profile image85
      frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It may be gaining more thumbs up. Or it may be because it's got more text, pictures etc - i.e. falls more in keeping with the hubpages algorithm.

Or it could be a combination of both.

Either way, it's all good smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd say that's it - HubPages doesn't like short Hubs.

2. MikeNV profile image76
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Hubpages is a business in business to make a profit. When you write about things that make them money your score goes up.

Give hubpages what they want and give people what they want.

Hard to make money from poetry, that's just the way the world works.

3. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

you're likely to get less outside traffic from poetry too. Even within HP, your traffic will likely be less with poetry and creative writing. Sad but true sad

4. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

That's quite true. My poetry and creative writing Hubs are generally well-received here on Hub Pages, but they garner little outside traffic, and tend to languish in the low 60s.

5. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

Since the beginning days there has been an active community of poets on HubPages. 

I was a little amazed at first, but if you keep posting poems, and reaching out to the other poets (Might check out Drax - http://hubpages.com/profile/Drax ) you'll find an audience.

It might not be the most lucrative thing to write, but we are proud to have poets on HubPages.

6. youcanwin profile image38
    youcanwinposted 6 years ago

I think It could be the No. of days and No. of hits ratio.

for example your first hub which is 100 days old got 40 hits
    and your new hub which is 10 days old got 17 hits
    which means your fist hub has a ratio of 0.40 hit per day
    and the latest hub has 1.7 hits per day.
    No. of hits per day may increase the hub score.

7. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Yes, I enjoy poetry and like to reading them when all is quiet. Keep it up as there is a audience, am sure. smile