jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Sorry another ? about Amazon

1. 80
    Bellywinksposted 8 years ago

I am getting a migraine and my hubby is wondering why I havent cleaned the house for 3 days.

The hub that Darkside referred to me was excellent.  Very thorough.  As well as relache's comment on putting a minus sign. 

But honestly could it be my computer (or my brain)??  I cant get the capsule for Amazon to work.  I am trying to use the ISBN # for a book and it won't work.  I tried the minus sign twice and it worked now it won't.  Do you have to make a new capsule for each amazon product or group.  I am trying to add some products and a few books.  Which brings me to another question if I use the ISBN # it will just bring the reader to the site for the book not the one I am selling in particular.

Also that little icon with the spinning wheel "working" just keeps going. what is it working on.

I am going to close my laptop, rub it a few times, and chant positive thoughts.

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

If you're entering an ISBN or ASIN you shouldn't need a minus sign.

In fact a minus sign will most likely cause the process to fail.

3. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Yes, you need a separate Amazon capsule for each keyword if you want to include products with different keywords.

If you are using ASIN rather than keywords, they can be a varied as you like within the one capsule.

The first tab in the Amazon capsule lets you choose whether to use keywords or ASIN.

4. 80
    Bellywinksposted 8 years ago

Actually when I plug a keyword and set it at four items I am trying to keep a couple of the ones that come up, and was told to type the ones I dont want preceded with a minus sign.  This did work the first couple of times but now doesn't.  I will try to make a new capsule for each different group of products.   I also don't want to overdo.  The ASIN and ISBN has not worked as of yet.  But I understand if the item is sold by a third party it may not work.  How do you know this or do you have to keep on trying.

I appreciate the help I am sure it's hard to offer advice or comments when you cant really see what I am doing.  Hopefully I am explaining myself right. 

5. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I've made some screenshots with accompanying captions. Hopefully it'll be a little more easier to understand.