jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Chat

1. thirdmillenium profile image59
    thirdmilleniumposted 7 years ago

I don't know but can we have a chatting corner here?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

This has been raised several times and usually gets a negative response.

HubPages is primarily a writing site, not a social networking site.  There are plenty of chatrooms available for those who wish to use them.

1. alexandriaruthk profile image52
      alexandriaruthkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Ms Marissa

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

i agree; i see no point in a chat. i can chat any time with anyone i want. well, if i want to, which i don't wink

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
      wavegirl22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

cosette I couldnt agree with you more and I have to say I laughed out loud big time on this response. big_smile

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

haha! big_smile

(although i like Jane's PM suggestion. i have needed that on more than one occasion)

4. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago

So what are you all chatting about chatting for then if you don't want to chat?

5. elisabethkcmo profile image81
    elisabethkcmoposted 7 years ago

isn't that pretty much what we are doing right now?

6. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago

All forums posts are chat really. I don't see the difference. Except we're supposed to follow a thread but people soon just get lost in personal chatting on all the forums. Maybe we should stick to the topics more.

1. elisabethkcmo profile image81
      elisabethkcmoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thats true, or the thread gets lost to two people chatting it up with their own conversation

1. Sue Adams profile image93
        Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

xactly  neutral

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It wasn't always so.

7. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I'm afraid if we had a chat it would over load the server lol

I'd rather have a pm system.

8. The10DollarMark profile image61
    The10DollarMarkposted 7 years ago

Well actually we did have a chatroom (not hosted by hubpages, but made by its members.)

I haven't been to it in a while, and now it doesn't exist because nobody'd come but...

Back when we had it, we'd talk about our hubs (layout, diversifying, free stock picture finding, affiliate programs, content review, promotion techniques, etc...).

The great thing about chat is that you don't have to wait for an answer (assuming someone's there). You just ask your question and it's answered. Wanna know if your hub comes off too strong and you need someone's opinion? Just ask. Need to know where to find a picture that matches your content? Just ask, someone's bound to find one.

Ah, those were the times.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, if nobody came, that kind of answers your question, doesn't it?

1. The10DollarMark profile image61
        The10DollarMarkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, it wasn't my question. I was answering.

Also, people did come for a while. It's just, since it was a hubber-made chatroom, a lot of people didn't know about it. But for a couple months we usually had like 4-7 people coming in everyday.

Then I took a vacation from hubpages, and  when I came back I found out the chatroom was dead.

@Katelyn - We never had vulgar content.

9. Katelyn Weel profile image87
    Katelyn Weelposted 7 years ago

Nah I find chat rooms without a specific purpose just lead to arguing and swearing and vulgar conversations...just look at the religion forums haha.

I agree that hubpages doesn't need a chat, the forums serve the purpose more than sufficiently.

10. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 7 years ago

People can already chat plenty in the fourms.  And live chat just increases the opportunity for conversational abuse and the need for moderation, neither of which is going to make use of the Hub team's already limited time and resources.

There are already more than enough chat rooms on the Internet.  I think people who really want that feature should take their chat elsewhere.

working