jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Traffic Trouble

1. John Kounoupis profile image62
    John Kounoupisposted 6 years ago

Hey, I seem to be losing lots of traffic on my hubs as time passes by, i mean a lot.... Does anyine know why this happens and how I can fix it?

1. elisabethkcmo profile image80
      elisabethkcmoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've found that the more hubs that you write, the more traffic to all your hubs
      also visit and comment on others hubs and they will do the same for you

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You'll always get a surge of visitors in the first week or so, especially if you're active on the forums.  Virtually all of it will be other Hubbers.  Then the traffic dies down until Google finds your Hubs.  Check your traffic sources.

2. OregonWino profile image84
    OregonWinoposted 6 years ago

I think that this naturally happens as the hubs age especially if you are not actively promoting your hubs either here on hubpages or out in the world.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

With a seasonal Hub, that sort of behavior is to be expected, so take that into consideration for appropriate topics.

Google gives a bit of a boost to fresh/new content, and then they move on to whatever else is new.  That means it's up to you to drum up new traffic, or revisit your content to make sure it's really serving the needs of visitors.

4. Bredavies profile image72
    Bredaviesposted 6 years ago

I hate when that happens! Write another hub smile

5. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

There are things you can do to try to make your traffic grow rather than shrink. I am noticing that my traffic grows on hubs where readers stay a while. Those hubs where readers come and go quickly are eventually lowered in the Google ratings. I use Google Analytics to monitor how long people stay on my hubs. So I can see the pattern. How do you keep your readers in the hub?  One of the most important things is quality content. BUt you can also do things such as add a video or two to keep them there. Look for videos on YouTube that relate to your subject and which may even enhance what you are discussing. Use the video capsule to add these to your hub.  You can also try using the poll capsule to make surveys. This gives the reader something to do. Again, keeping them around for a while. There are many other ways to keep the reader in your hub, just focus on achieving that and your traffic may climb over time.