jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Links in Hubs

1. tbartle profile image79
    tbartleposted 8 years ago

Looking around the site, I've heard a few people say that your hubs or account will get flagged if you frequently link to the same site. 

Well, I was thinking about adding an 'about the author' to the ends of my articles where I say who I am and about my writing in general.  Then I would give a link to my personal website.  I'm a writer, so this would be a way to get my name out there.

But does that violate the rules?  I don't want to get flagged or banned.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

I would suggest just putting that information and links on your profile page, that's exactly what the profile page is for.   People that are interested enough in what you have to say in your hub will probably make the effort to read your profile.

That said, including one link in each hub probably will not get you flagged, and certainly won't get you banned.  Your scores may go down a little, but you can do it if you want.

3. tbartle profile image79

Thanks, Paul!  That was a big help.  I'll just leave it all in the profile page.

4. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I do an about paragraph and a single link quite often and havent been flagged yet

5. tbartle profile image79

I actually got the idea from looking at yours, Lissie!

6. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Paul, will the same effect happen if you're linking to your own hubs?

For instance, if you check out http://hubpages.com/hub/capsules right down the bottom I have a Link Capsule titled "Find out more about Hubpages".

I've been putting those on all my "how to hub" hubs.

Will this have any adverse effects on HubScore?'