jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

can you suppress Google ads on one hub?

1. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

if you have a hub that you want to have no ads on - just one - can you suppress the ads?

i just have one hub that really is not commercial and i don't want any ads on it. i wouldn't mind except the ads Google is putting on really clash with the subject, which is unfortunate.

1. itakins profile image79
      itakinsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can ,don't click non commercial,it wont be published-click none -and no ads will appear.I have done it once,and that's how it worked.

2. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I don't think you can completely suppress the adds, but you diminish them greatly.

You select the option 'non-commercial' and then set the adds 'low.'  With this setting, you will still have a picture add on the far right, and some at the very bottom of the screen.

3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Actually, there is an option for "none" ads, but I never tried it. The rest I absolutely agree to Christa. smile

4. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I'd missed the 'none' setting.  Thanks Misha.

5. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 6 years ago

I though I saw a 'none' also ... i'll have to recheck!

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

In order to turn off ads on a Hub, you must make sure it isn't considered "commercial" per HubPages' definition,

7. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

hey, thanks you guys! yes this particular hub is definitely not commercial. i did in fact set it to 'none'...duh, i never noticed that option before.

you guys rock, have i told you that lately? smile