jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

1. Jery profile image60
    Jeryposted 6 years ago

Hey what does everyone (or anyone;o) think of Twitter? How about Facebook? I've just started on both. Any juice from backlinks from Twitter? I can see Facebook is for socializing more than anything, but Twitter seems to be a bunch (I already have over 1000 followers)of people trying to sell stuff, and I have a feeling not much is bought. Anyway your thoughts?

1. 0
      jennafawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I must say, I'm a facebook user and myspace, but I strongly refuse to do twitter because I see no purpsoe to it..haha..Good luck!

2. ForTheInterim profile image75
    ForTheInterimposted 6 years ago

I can't really see the purpose of Twitter either - unless you naturally create a bunch of followers who truly are interested in what you have to say...I've recently signed up, but just don't quite get it!

1. livewithrichard profile image88
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds to me like you get it.  Getting real followers is the only way for Twitter to be used as a marketing tool..  However, marketing was not the original purpose of Twitter.  It's a microblog that is used to give real time updates on what you are doing, thinking, reading, listening to, etc.  It became a marketing tool because of its nature.  When everyone makes these updates which are known as "peer recomendations" certain companies can take advantage of this info and implement it in their marketing strategy.

3. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I have a twitter account because a place I write everyone uses it to promote their articles. But personally I think it's the biggest waste of time I ever saw!

I can't even remember to make my own tweets, let alone follow what anyone else is doing. It's the dumbest thing I ever saw and I'll drop my account soon.

1. livewithrichard profile image88
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Having a boat load of followers and then tweeting unrelated articles is not going to do much other than get you a tiny bit of traffic. 

You have to define why it is you are online and then find like minded followers.  You have to play to the niche and if you deviate from it you stand to lose your followers.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I can pick up ideas from those I follow and quite agree with livewithrichard big_smile got to keep to related or near related niche to have twitter be useful.

5. ForTheInterim profile image75
    ForTheInterimposted 6 years ago

Ah yes back to the niche smile That's what I'm in need of mastering - finding a niche of personal interest, but also has the potential to gain traffic and maybe even earn a $1 here and there.  I'm not yet at the point where I can just create multiple niche websites...  right now I'm sticking with ones I personally enjoy writing about.

livewithrichard has a great hub about long tail keywords which I read, and now I'm spending my Sunday figuring out something which might just work for me!