jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Darkside, can you help me?

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago

hubteam help said everything looked fine from their end and said it is probably my browser that is the reason I cannot see my hub pictures, profile pictures and colored arrows throughout my hubs...as well, I cannot see any of these on anyone else's hubs or throughout hubpages...whether I am signed in or out.

But the rest of the internet works fine. Adds on my hubs show the pictures, though.
    Also, I went to copy and paste my hubs into my word program fro fear of losing them not knowing what this problem is..and all the pictures were there when I pasted them in my word program!?
    Other hubbers can see my  pictures, etc. as usual

I have Firefox, a PC with Home XP and haven't had any problems with hubpages since I started over a month. Do you have any ideas?

Why would my browser stop working only on hubpages? Can it be fixed or changed? And how would that be done.

Anything you have to offer would be appreciated.

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Are you able to empty your cache?

Firefox tends to work better with HubPages than Internet Explorer, so I've heard. But I've been using Firefox since before I started here.

On the face of it it seems that you've got all the bits to make it work for you: Firefox, XP... but if I were you I'd clear the cache. That could be CTRL + SHIFT + DEL. Or there's a plug in you can find at mozilla that will do the job.

Are there any Firefox Gurus in the forum? As much as I like it I don't do much tinkering with it.

3. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago

sorry, I don't know what you mean to "clear the cache". Please explain a bit.

4. abacusmage profile image61
    abacusmageposted 8 years ago

SparklingJewel, go to Tools - Clear Private Data and there you should see a list of history, cache, cookies etc. Untick everything and leave Cache ticked and press ok. That should clear your cache.