jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon accounts w/ both Amazon UK & Amazon USA

1. 0
    Nikki Deeposted 6 years ago

I've read elsewhere that if your Amazon associate account is with Amazon.co.uk but the person clicking on your link goes on to purchase from Amazon.com, then you get nothing. Therefore I've opened Amazon associate accounts with both Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com. However the affiliate settings here at HubPages doesn't appear to allow for having two separate Amazon associate accounts (I have put links on some of my pages to items from both .co.uk and .com). Is it possible to allow for two Amazon accounts?
    Thanks - someone! - for your help!

2. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

I would think that any items you link to on your page will go towards your acct. So if you are signed in with a UK acct and advertise products from Amazon.com, any clicks should still go to you

3. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

Being from the UK myself, I went through the same questioning process as you.  I naively assumed that if I set up as an amazon.co.uk associate and linked my HP account to my amazon.co.uk affiliate code, then I would still be credited with any amazon.com sales I made.  The more experienced and wiser hubbers put me right on that one!  You need to link to your amazon.com associates code, not your amazon.co.uk one, if you want to make any money.  I understand that amazon.com does actually send you a cheque in the post when you finally make payout.  Apparently it costs £10 or thereabouts to pay into a UK bank account.  (Barmy, isn't it - couldn't they just use PayPal?)

I don't however know what would happen earnings-wise if someone from the UK clicked on one of the amazon.com products in your hubs, went on to the amazon.co.uk site and then bought something off there.  Anyone?

4. 0
    Nikki Deeposted 6 years ago

Thanks Janetta and Felicity for your answers.
    A post I read on a Lulu.com forum was very clear: Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk are two completely separate businesses, and as Felicity points out, if a customer clicks and buys from one, you will not get anything unless you are affiliated with that one. There is no transfer between them.
    If we're only allowed to use one Amazon account here, then I guess I'd better switch to using the Amazon.com - but it's a loss to us, as I'm sure increasing numbers of Hubbers are from the UK, and they'll always make actual purchases from Amazon.co.uk, even if they originally clicked on Amazon.com. By the way, Janetta, I'm pretty sure that we make nothing from clicks with Amazon - only from actual purchases.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ooh yeah, that's true - you only get money from purchases on Amazon, not clicks.  Didn't spot that one.

1. 0
        Janettaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes, I know smile wrong word but I figure you'd know what I meant wink