jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Unemployed: become a butler and earn $70000 to $100000 per year :)

1. thecounterpunch profile image55
    thecounterpunchposted 9 years ago

Excerpt from minyanville.com

"What do you get when there's an ongoing devaluation of the U.S. dollar, a negative personal savings rate, declining personal incomes, the erosion of a middle class and the richest 1% of Americans possess more wealth than the bottom 90% of Americans? A boom in butlers, of course! "

Read more:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The_future_Care … en_Butler_

2. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

DDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! GOOD LORD! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  HELL, I'LL BECOME A BUTLER FOR THAT KIND OF MONEY.  Can I get you anymore scones master (insert name here) to go with your spot of tea?  big_smile

3. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

Don't underestimate the skills involved in being a butler. The wealthy tend to be very picky about their help, and a reliable butler is certainly worth a six figure salary to them. I know very few people who I think possess the skills to be a decent butler.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, that's true.  However, every job has a learning curve.  Besides, with that kind of money, I'm sure I could figure it out.  big_smile

4. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Good grief, when you said butler, I kept thinking about Lurch from The Addams Family. big_smile

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

for that kind of money, i'll become lurch for anyone.  "You rang?"  (says in a very deep lurch like voice)

working