jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

What on earth?

1. DogSiDaed profile image60
    DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago

I came on my profile this evening, with about 8 views in the entire day, suddenly, I have gained around 120 views in about 20 minutes, traffic says it's all from hubpages... any explanation?

1. anglfire693 profile image83
      anglfire693posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it was just an coincidence or maybe hubpages had a glitch and just updated?  Don't know

2. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are actively on the network, either reading hubs or commenting on hubs or in the forum.

So, people are looking you up, because your activity makes them aware you are on your account presently. If you're active in the community, then it drives up traffic.

Prime example: I'm over 8000 posts in the forum and 99% of my traffic is from HubPages or Hubbers visiting. I have very little traffic that comes from other sources, because I'm not actively created backlinks to other places. And, I don't post my stuff anywhere or advertise.

However, my page views have increasingly getting better as time goes on. I am about to pass the 5000 view mark, shortly.

I hope that I helped.

2. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

'Tis the season' be thankful smile

3. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

This happened to me, too. I think it's a glitch. Sorry.

4. Janet21 profile image79
    Janet21posted 6 years ago

My dashboard is showing an unusual number of red arrows this evening.  Last I counted I had 10, with 1 or 2 double arrows.  I never have that many.  The stats show the traffic is coming from google, not hubpages, though.  Many of the pages are not even Christmas gift type hubs, they are birthday party hubs.  However, I don't think it is a glitch since it is not all of my hubs.  Last time there was a traffic glitch it was across the board red arrows.

1. KCC Big Country profile image83
      KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me too, I have lots of double red arrows, but the traffic source is showing Google.  It's not every hub, and mine is not all Christmas-related either.  I'm just grateful.....hoping like heck it turns into some dollars somewhere.

5. E. Nicolson profile image87
    E. Nicolsonposted 6 years ago

I have also noticed a jump up -- several red arrows. Yet I also noticed that for the two previous days traffic was much slower. Any connection? I have no idea. Glitch?

6. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I think it is a glitch, because an article I wrote (and didn't publish) today has 19 views, and I didn't even look at a preview.

7. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I dont think its legit...Im up 200+ hits than the norm, including hubs that really dont get traffic, adsense tracking isnt reflecting this increase

8. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

If you are using Google Analytics in your Hubs, examine the report. It will show you where the traffic is coming from and seems to be more accurate that the HubPages stats.

9. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

I'm up 400+ over norm all of a sudden - must be a glitch...

10. Ms Chievous profile image81
    Ms Chievousposted 6 years ago

I don't know if this is a glitch.  My views are definately up and so is my adsense!

11. Ms Chievous profile image81
    Ms Chievousposted 6 years ago

It's also reallllllly cold outside most places.. so people are surfin the net