jump to last post 1-24 of 24 discussions (29 posts)

1. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

After 2 1/2 weeks, my darling 3 legged 15 year old cat Rocky came home!  About 10 minutes ago!  He's light as a feather, but ornery and beautiful to this entire family!  We are all crying!
    Christmas miracle.  Oh, my God, I am so incredibly amazed!  And incredibly thankful.
    I am not trying to get traffic, but I wrote a hub about him-and my other animals-not too long ago.
    Thank everyone for your loving words on that hub, and thanks for letting me share this!

1. alexandriaruthk profile image52
      alexandriaruthkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh thats wonderful lorlie6

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Aww, I'm so glad. That is such good news.

3. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Awesome news! Did he just wander off?

lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

All my cats stay indoors, and he got out.  We-especially me-were devastated, but he's black and he escaped at night.  Thanks, UW and habee, for your lovely words!!!

4. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

I am soooo happy for you and don't let him out of your sight again. I am glad that you have been blessed to have him home. smile

Never again, AE, never again.

5. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

I'm so happy for you!

6. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I know how you felt. My baby - a fawn Great Dane named Hamlet - esaceped one night. He ran across a busy four-lane street. hubby drove around looking for him, and a woman walking on the sidewalk told him she thought it was a deer crossing the road! I was in tears by the time hubby came home with my darling doggie!

7. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

8. lorlie6 profile image86

You are the best, thank you everyone!!!

9. Rayalternately profile image61
    Rayalternatelyposted 6 years ago

been syringe feeding my poorly Siamese for 2 weeks so I understand how mental we all get about our cats. Very happy for you that Rocky's found his way home. smile

1. rmcrayne profile image95
      rmcrayneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I haven't left the house in a week, nursing my dachshund whose back is out.  Count me dog mental. 

Lorie I'm so happy for you, I am about moved to tears.

10. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

That's awesome news! I'm so glad to hear this!

11. pddm67 profile image80
    pddm67posted 6 years ago

That's wonderful. Congratulations. I'm sure Rocky is just as happy to be home as you are to have him home. Christmas came a little early for both you and Rocky this year :-)

12. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

wow, that is incredible! i'm so happy he found his way home. i would be devastated if i lost my little bun-buns.

bless his little heart.

13. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

that is so amazing - see told you he would - what a fighter that rocky - so glad for you!!!!!!!!   yeh  big_smile

14. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

I told you he'd probably return. LOL Congrats.

15. lorlie6 profile image86

16. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

That is great and it shows that he is prepared to put up with any hardship just to be with the ones he loves smile

17. dohn121 profile image89
    dohn121posted 6 years ago

That's great to hear, lorlie.  Great news.

18. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

That's really good news Lorlie. I'm happy for you and your family. Congrats. big_smile

19. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Am so happy for you - and for Rocky! Merry Christmas (a bit early).

20. abcd1111 profile image60
    abcd1111posted 6 years ago

Love good news like this! Don't you wish Rocky could tell you all about his adventure? It's amazing that he survived and found his way home.

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Hubbers are amazing people, I wish I had time to respond to everyone, but this post cracked me up and gave me pause at the same time...I do wish he could tell me everything, HIS life must have had much more excitement in the past 2 1/2 weeks than I'LL ever see, but I imagine he was terrified as well.  He slept with me all night, has had a little water and food, but is hissing at every animal in the house...maybe he thinks they're predators.  I am sure he's still not certain where he is.  Time.
      Anyway, I appreciate my hub family and am proud to be a part of this community.

21. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I have had a long day.. this is a very happy note to end it on! Good news indeed! smile smile

22. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

So happy for you, your family, and Rocky.   I know just how you feel.   Give him a few extra hugs - and maybe some "people tuna" as a treat.   smile

23. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 6 years ago

Glad to hear your baby is home safe and sound.

24. SandyMcCollum profile image84
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Awwwwww, I'm so glad he came home! I had a tom go out for 3 weeks once, it was awful to bear. Congrats, Lorlie!