jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Can somebody look at my hubs and tell me what is wrong with my hubs

1. Karina S. profile image61
    Karina S.posted 7 years ago

Can somebody look at my hubs and tell me what is wrong with my hubs I am ready for extreme hub makeover. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1. AEvans profile image68
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Karina,
      Here are a few pointers

1. Create your profile ,Google loves it and hubbers do too!

2. Pics: every hub needs pics that represent what you are actually talking about leaving a hub blank can make people pass it by. Look it as eye candy, you have to capture the audience.

3. To many run-on sentences try to get used to using commas, colons, etc. nobody is perfect it will not happen overnight but try to break between sentences.  smile

2. Karina S. profile image61
    Karina S.posted 7 years ago

AEvans, thanks for your suggestions, I am going to create my profile, right now. I looked at your profile -loved it.
    I am going to edit my articles and will find pictures to add.
    Thanks again.

1. AEvans profile image68
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome I will go back in and look at them closer tomorrow and send you an e-mail it is time for me to go to bed. goodnite. smile

Karina S.posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks again, AEVANS.

3. SimeyC profile image91
    SimeyCposted 7 years ago

Couple of points about one of your hubs "How to eliminate consumer debt including mortgage and reach financial freedom"

1) Firstly the title is too long - something like 'How to eliminate debt' is shorter, far easier to read and gets accross the same point.
    2) Picture - it's blurry and pixilated - many people will stop reading here - make sure your picture is sharp and clear.
    3)Introduction - you jump straight in, without giving me a sample of what to expect - tell me about consumer debt, and then tell me what the hub will show.
    4)Bullets - you have several lists - but you can make them look better by using the in-built 'bullet' - it just organizes them far better.
    5) Pictures - quite often a picture can convey a message far better than words - for instance, you could have someone holding their head toshow worry...or something like that...pictures also serve to break up the hub.
    6) Using 'Quotes' to the right can often highlight key points in a hub - see my Newbies Guide for info on how to do this.
    7) Links - you provide a couple of links - try using the 'link maker' provided with hubpages - it formats a little better and also shows a 'summary' of the webpage....

OK....that' enough for now LOL.....you look like you have some good ideas and content - but part of the key to success is to keep the reader on the page.....

Karina S.posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hello, Simeyc. I appreciate very very very much your comments and I will try to give my hubs makeover this weekend. You really have been a great help.
      Thanks Karina

working