jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Adsense shows a Robots.txt error for hubpages

1. puter_dr profile image85
    puter_drposted 6 years ago

When I logged into Adsense today, it gave me an Analytics diagnostic warning for hubpages, saying that they could not crawl because of a Robots.txt error.
    Anyone else getting this?

1. SandyMcCollum profile image85
      SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cute photo! Do a search in the forums, there's been lots of threads about this. Sorry I can't be of more help.

2. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

this question pops up a lot.

i think it is just some strange glitch in certain servers sometimes and as long as you have relevant ads appearing on your hubs, it shouldn't be a problem.

i had one hub showing up and i thought 'why is it blocking this hub, there's nothing inappropriate there' then i noticed a couple of the amazon ads links were 'bad', as the products were no longer offered, so i fixed it and it no longer appears in my diagnostics.

i am not sure if that is what the problem was, or if there is even a problem at all - this is just what i observed.

2. Robertbloggert profile image79
    Robertbloggertposted 6 years ago

Wait a minute I need help. How are you getting Analytics to work here anyway where did you put the html code? I couldn't figure out where hub pages would except it I use it on my other three blogs but not hubs sad please help!!

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

go here:

stick analytics code taht you normally put in footer in little box instead ua -XXXXXXXX

as for robot.txt block, pretty much meaningless ..most of thetime its google translator versions of your page...if you see it for a week, than look for a problem, otherwise nothings going on

3. Has_aWayWithWords profile image78
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 6 years ago

I just read a google article about the robot.txt thing and FYI it probably won't be an issue moving forward, it was a way that sites told the google robot where it could and couldn't go within the site. It was meant as a way to keep from causing duplicate content problems and the bot finding multiple pages of the same text within the site. more detailed but that is a basic overview of wha I read from Google,  as for the analytics issue if youhaven't figured it out the code goes in thesame areas where other affiliate code is and I have a hub about the useful features in analytics.