jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is hubpages a microcosm of life?

1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I kinda think it is in a way. If you come here hoping to get instant results, ie instant money or instant traffic or whatever its kinda disappointing, those things don't just happen cause you are here. If you want success here you need to do things like, participate in the forums, post comments to others hubs which leads to reading other peoples hubs. The more you give to the community here the more you are likely to receive, in the form of fans er I mean followers, also in the form of traffic, tips for earning and anything else you might hope to get from hub pages.

Life is a bit like this, if you approach it from a selfish point of view and want to get a lot out of it without giving much in return life is pretty disappointing. If you engage with your community and try to both offer what you know and ask good relevant questions as well as just trying to help others out you are much more likely to receive loads from life and find it to be a pretty swell!

What do you guys think? Am I close or is this just the musings of a slightly deranged and exhausted mind? big_smile

2. Jery profile image61
    Jeryposted 6 years ago

Makes sense to me!

3. wyanjen profile image86
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

HP is a microcosm of life as I wish it would be.

I work my butt off no matter what I happen to be doing. I've met many good folks here who are helpful and engaged with the site. In life in general, my hard work does not pay off like this.

Friendships, learning SO much, and a huge amount of participation here are making HP one of the best things I have done for myself.

((love to all))  we are all awesome.

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I'm with Jery!