Linking Hubpage, Squidoo, Blogger and Articles

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Patti Ann profile image61
    Patti Annposted 14 years ago

Does it make your links less effective if you link your hub to a squidoo lens and then link your lens back to your hub?  Or is it more effective just to link your lens, blogger and articles to your hub without links back to them from your hub?  I have heard different opinions.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image67
      Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Someone more experienced should also respond to this, but I've been instructed by associates who have been doing it for awhile that one-way links are preferred.  Google may not give as much weight to reciprocal links.

Imagine your "web" as a funnel leading your visitor into the bottom of that funnel.

2. Patti Ann profile image61

Thanks for your input - I hear so much conflicting advice that I thought I would ask and see what everyone else thought.

3. Jeffrey Neal profile image67
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Hopefully someone else will chime in with their experience.  I am fairly new at this myself, but fortunately have some more experienced teachers in real life.

4. Patti Ann profile image61

With internet marketing, I don't think you ever stop learning.

5. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Like Jeffery said, one-way links are the ones that will help you rank higher in SERPs. BUT it is important to link to external related pages from your hubs. So, don't link back, instead link to other related pages on the web.

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I link everything, everywhere, all the time. I'm now working out how best to link my websites and my hubs so they become an identity that works together. Just be careful to obey HubPages' rules about linking.

7. Patti Ann profile image61

So does this mean - two votes for only linking one way and one vote for linking both ways?

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

You know sometimes you just have to experiment and see what works best for you. There probably isn't a right or wrong answer and there is way too much black and white thinking on Hubpages.

9. fdoleac profile image60
    fdoleacposted 14 years ago

One way to look at it is to write a hub about high top boots. Write an article somewhere else (squidoo, goarticles, etc.)about red boots and link the appropriate anchor text (high top boots) to your hub.  Write an article about the various kinds of winter footware (again a different location) that would include references to red boots, high top boots.  Establish a "chain" of information specific to the content but references a broader discussion.  Tweet them all when posted.

Concept is to capture various search terms that consumers use to find what they want.  The anchor text and links are different and relevant.  Hope this helps.

10. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Reciprocal linking doesn't hold as much weight as it use to. Linking to relevant content either way is always good so long as similar keywords are targeted.

11. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Definitely one-way links will hold the most weight with Google, especially if they are DoFollow links. Think of it as a popularity contest. Google wants to rank the popular pages the highest. Think back to high school. The most popular girls got asked out on the most dates. Well, the most popular web pages will have the most websites naturally linking to them. If you exchange links with another site, it denotes familiarity -- not popularity! smile

12. profile image0
    PJ_Deneenposted 14 years ago

I personally like to create content webs with niche topics that I write on at different sites.  I've started to use other sites for backlinking like SheToldMe that are one-way links.  I'm still experimenting with this, but it seems to be helping my traffic at each site.

13. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

If you want my opinion, I think that random linking of hubs or anything for that matter to just anything is not worth your time, but if you link with meaning then not only will Google be interested but so will your audience.  Link your hubs to relevant Squidoo articles or blog posts, topics that add value to your hub.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)