jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Need Help

1. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

Yesterday while reading the newspaper I came across a article on small Steps to control global warming.I really liked the article and wanted to spread the word so that everyone can do their bit to reduce global warming.So I wrote the hub as it was in the newspaper  and I have also mentioned that the source is a leading daily.But when I cecked my account now it says duplicate.Am I violating any rules,what penalty will I incur and should I unpublish the hub.I am totally confused.Can someone please help me.

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have to write your articles in your own words and it has to be original content. Spreading the word is wonderful but un-publish the hub re-write it in your own words with your perspective on it and the duplicate content will go away. Also read just like the others suggested so that you understand the rules and I am certain that you will be fine. smile

2. Ivorwen profile image85
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

This forum, second post, should answer your question: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/4699

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

here is the info from HP frequently asked questions:

My hub has been flagged for duplicate content, what does that mean?

Your hub's content has been detected on another site and has incurred a HubScore penalty as a result. You are allowed to post content on HubPages that is also published elsewhere, like your own site or blog - but you cannot place any promotional links on that hub.  Only you can see the alert message at the top of your hub and a pattern of publishing duplicate content will negatively affect your HubScore, as we like to reward authors who publish content unique to our site. It does not matter whether or not you are the original author of this content.

If your Hub is truly unique to HubPages or simply quotes another Web page in a reasonable manner, please request a review of the hub by clicking on "learn more" at the top of the hub. An exception is typically granted only when quoting is done to a minimum, or some commonly-used, public domain, or historical phrases have triggered the duplicate content detector. If your hub has been certified as original by the administrator it will appear at the top of the hub. Once certified as original no HubScore penalty will be applied

enlightened, in your case, it appears that you copied the content which is not allowed. you can either reword it in your own words or unpublish it.

perhaps, you can take the major points of the article and reword them where it is not duplicate. it's a good article, just make it your own and site the source as a link.