Is there a point when your mind gives in to matter?

1. H.C Porter profile image85
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

If you are never given support-always told you are nothing, will you eventually become nothing?
    Is there a point that eventually a person gives up dreaming, wanting striving to be more if they are only told how worthless and unimportant they are?

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think some people can be more resilient than that sometimes.  Some get angry enough at being told they're nothing that they decide to "show everyone".  Also, maybe some don't really believe they're nothing or give up, but they may wonder why they aren't able to make someone else see that they aren't worthless, and that can make them feel helpless.  Then, too, some people can know   something like that they have talent or that they have drive, and some just think anyone who thinks they're worthless "doesn't know".  There's no doubt about it, it isn't great for someone to be told they're worthless, but some people can be surprisingly strong and resilient.

2. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

yes..I have 3 different disnosis of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder..I have been to that point at the bottom, and I fight myself everyday to try and crawl a little farthr away from that space daily. Yes, I do fall backwards often, but it is and will always be an uphill, never ending battle once you hit that pont in your mind. I will live this way forever.If you can, get out of the situation that is causing it, I was a child and couls not//now I am in my 30's and all I know is abuse..not to others, but to me..please do not let it happen to you...I do not ever want anyone to be in the place I will be in forever...