jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Hub Questions about Duplicate Content

1. jmhelms profile image61
    jmhelmsposted 8 years ago

I wrote my first short hub about internet marketing. The hub is basically pointing people at the realization that internet marketing is more than affiliate links. I am in the process of populating a free website concerning internet marketing. The site isn't monetized I'm just wanting to educate people. If I copy some of the information from my site it would be considered duplicate content.
    Where is the balance for getting people great information yet not duplicating content from great sources?

2. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

The balance is called "rewriting". The lost art of paraphrasing.

Remember back in primary school, when you would look in the encyclopedia, and then write a project "in your own words"?

Like that.

P.S. A neat tool to help with that is dupecop.com - you can paste in the original and your rewrite, and hit "compare", and it tells you what percentage is different from one to the other.

1. dinamars profile image59
      dinamarsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ok, thanks for this link, Jenny. I'll give a try.

2. jmhelms profile image61
      jmhelmsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

yes, your right, I should have thought that question through a little better. I should have taken a little additional time to look through some other forum postings that were similar. Note to self: think before you post silly questions.

It looks like a great tool, thank you for that!