Hubbers have earned a lot because of HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (87 posts)
  1. darkside profile image67
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Don't you think?

I know I have.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am still relatively new here, others said that it takes six months of hard work and more,

I had only like 21 US dollars in my earnings so far, adsense..

its ok I am enjoying my stay here

darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

2 months and 100+ hubs! You've put in a huge effort!

And it does take a while. It's good that you know that. It takes a while to lay down a firm foundation.

thanks darkside I know that and am thankful for people like you who help us

2. emievil profile image68
          emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Plus you are a very welcome and calming presence here in HubPages smile.

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Last time I checked at least I know I have. smile

3. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Working on it! I hope to earn more, but who ever thought I'd earn money writing - doing what I love to do?

1. Dorsi profile image89
        Dorsiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm pleased with my earnings, for what I have put in. I think I got a check from Google just about every month this year, and one was particularly nice. And this is just for somewhat sporadic writing, and musings. I could only imagine if I really applied myself.... which I plan to do!!! Discipline....discipline....discipline....HubPages is an awesome writers platform!!!

darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good job! Congratulations on the regular monthly Adsense payments.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to make Adsense work, just consistent.

4. viryabo profile image95
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know i have learned a lot and earnings are not bad, considering i've earned a few hundred pounds till date. smile
      I have earned much more than money here. I have new friends, mentors, advisers, role models(of which you are one darkside), etc, etc. Kind and dedicated hubbers, people who have shown me the way to earn money online. It seems that HP is my world now.
      Yes, because of hubpages, i discovered i could do a bit of writing and i'm begining to feel quite proud of myself (well! kind of). However, its not yet uhuru for me because i still learn something new everyday and try to apply it to my writing.
      Right now its backlinking i find challenging, but i'll get there with time.

PS: still can't figure out google analytics though, believe it or not. neutral

2. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

In four months I've made £3.94 (about $6).  It's been an interesting experience, I've learned a lot, and I'm hoping that in a couple of months' time I'll start to see a steeper earnings curve than the one I'm on now! 

However, in terms of making money in the short- rather than the long-term, I think I'm better off giving article submission sites a try (shame that some of them only seem to accept people from the US). I've submitted my first article to constant-content.com, and await developments.

I hope you will have positive results soon, good luck to you empress

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile Cheers!

3. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

I do. I didn't announce it last week but I hit $100 already in my Adsense. This is a pre-audit figure which they may still adjust but it's kind of nice to see that figure. smile

congrats emie, YEHEY, can you received it before christmas day??

1. emievil profile image68

Unfortunately, nope. I think, if all goes well, I will receive it around February?

oh emie, hmmm, you can have a good valentines celeb then

Hope so smile

you have been working hard here in HP too, you deserve some moolah soonest,

Let's hope Google agrees with you big_smile.

2. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

4. K Partin profile image59
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

I'm sure many have earned lot's and some have earn ZIP! As for myself it's ZIP, but I'm not really in it for the money, it would be nice but I'm here for the pure enjoyment I'm having writing and doing the forums. A real blast for me. Thanks smile

5. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Have to agree - I have had a lot of clients through HP, so I am pretty happy with things smile

clients? hmm Sufi, what have you been doing> just kidding good day<

2. emievil profile image68

Hey Sufi, how're you doing? Haven't seen you around HP for quite some time.

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
        Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Emie and PDH - I have a lot of work at the moment, so I only manage to visit HP when I have a quick break. Lots of work is better than no work, though smile

How are you doing? smile

Same here but it's work in 'real life', not online work. smile Got two seminars this week and next week so have to prepare my materials. Hope I can earn moolah here big_smile.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63

I am good, working (outside the house) and writing here, thanks

3. nyliram profile image58
          nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have a brilliant Christmas Sufi Summer is here brilliant weather at mo.

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
            Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You too, nyliram - we are having some sun here, too, although it will probably rain later on smile

6. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

I would have to agree with you darkside lol, I have made quite a bit from my scribblings here on hubpages and the fact that hubpages make money too means that they can keep the site going and we can keep earning from it.....jimmy

7. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I hope you did not start this thread to poke a stick at 20 Something Darkside lol

Not sure if you intended this thread as a discussion piece on affiliate income here or in a general earning of knowledge sense. hmm

Those who write product reviews clearly have an edge in regard to $ earning potential.
    However, as a general writing site, HP provides an excellent springboard to writing confidence, styles and development.

HI Mr Rob, hows Tom?

2. Cagsil profile image72
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed! big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yup.

And there is no reason not to combine the two. Despite a few setbacks - I expect to make at least $2,000 this month from hubpages, and also get exposure as a writer.

8. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I've made more money here than I ever thought I would, and like Sufi said, it has helped me with freelance clients, so I can't complain.

Very recently my ad income here has plummeted to pennies a day though, which is disappointing. I think I'm only up or 3 or 4 dollars for all of December. I don't really want to write product reviews and don't have a lot of time to do so, but I've written a few and I did get one small Amazon payout last month. I literally went from double digit days this summer to two and three penny days starting after Thanksgiving.

Mostly though I've been busy with freelance projects and haven't had as much time to write HP stuff.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My Adsense income from hubpages has been very low for last couple of weeks. Its alright on other sites but here, its really low these days.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My CTR on here has almost halfed since they started sticking those long ads down the side, thats why my hubs are becoming a little more infrequent! Although those ads may just be on hubpages share of impressions?

1. profile image0
          pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well that's the frustrating thing for me--all the stats and figuring out how to format the hubs for bsst ad placement and so forth. One thing I really liked about HP at first was that they kind of handled building traffic to the site, and so long as I wrote interesting content, I didn't have to worry so much about that end of it. Now so many people are writing here and the money making end of it is so competitive that I'm clearly out of my element. It's disappointing, but it is what it is. I'm lucky I can focus on freelance work instead, but I admit I miss the Google revenue. I started here to build a freelance portfolio, and it did do that for me, plus I've met lots of nice people. But the money end of it? Not no easy for geezers.

1. profile image0
            Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pam you just wrote a brilliant product hub on what NOT to buy, just turn it around and write a brilliant hub on what to buy. You're really just talking yourself out of it for some reason. Or it may be just a lack of interest in writing product hubs. And I get that. Because writing effective sales copy is very different from writing interesting articles on the paranormal.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
            Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not sure if they are on the hubpages share of impressions. Yes, I am experiencing the lowest ever CTR for december on the HP channels.

2. seamist profile image60
        seamistposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi

I don't think it's just you. I have gone to pennies a day too for the whole month of December so far. I am hoping it's just temporary, but it sure is disappointing. Good luck!

3. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm happy here, but I've had the same problem that Pam is experiencing. My adsense income has plummeted since December 1. Wonder why? I have made some Amazon sales, however.

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years ago

I make about $150-$200 per month from hubpages.... but that is with the full knowledge that half of my hubs would never make me money.... and after less than 6 months of publishing. The pleasing bit is that I know my next 195 hubs WILL make me $600+ per month, at the moment the only thing holding me back is time.

i think you work hard too, so you are geting there really,

1. profile image0

I am getting there definitely, I have earnt more money from some offline work gained via hubpages then I have from Adsense.... but thats all good. My traffic rises weekly too, and I have started seeing natural backlinks.... in 6 months I suspect that I will be earning more than I could ever have expected on this site.

2. charanjeet kaur profile image61
          charanjeet kaurposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ryankett with the hubs you have done this success is sure in the offing. Hats of to your confidence and best wishes for reaching the milestone soon.

As for the OP question, It took me 8 months of actual writing to get my first adsense. It has just been two months since the paycheck and I have already 52$ in the kitty. I know it is not big compared to all the big earners. I am happy with the way things are faring up. The knowledge and learning experience is priceless. I value this more than the money now.

2. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm getting there. Both Adsense and Amazon are doing fine. Even better - the learning process is priceless smile

3. Ms Chievous profile image66
        Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

I am soooo close to my next adsense payout.  I am not a big earner here but hope to be in the New Year.  I also wanted to point out that writing for hubpages gives me a little more than cash.  It gives me a sense of accomplishment.  It really gives me a boost when I am not able to be with my son...

4. janiek13 profile image76
        janiek13posted 14 years ago

I get very few clicks, but I think it has to do with my page views. I even had a few Amazon sales, but they didn't have it in stock, so I guess I have to wait until the items are shipped. I have only been on hubpages for a couple months, although it seems like forever.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Mine has actually gone up in the past week. Most from HowToDoThings though.

6. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I've made a a lot of money, since I started hubbing in earnest in May 2009, from Hubpages. I'll probably write a hub about it in January after I finalize the total amount. The money is here to be made, if you want to approach HubPages as a business.

1. profile image0

I think you've really done wonderful things here Nelle, and it is clear you are an AWESOME businesswoman.

Making money at HP is a moving target kind of thing. From the start my main goal has been to write well and build an audience. I feel I've done that, but writing well has never been a good way to get rich. I'm clear on that and my goals still relate to writing first, money second.

I got a few good Google checks this summer by accident and it felt good, but I have to keep what I do best in mind and focus on that.

7. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Pam your paranormal stuff is sooooooooo good. I just love it. I hope it leads to a bunch of good stuff, because there does seem to be a market for it.

1. profile image0

Thanks Nelle! I do alright. You nailed it with my lack of interest in writing product hubs. I do that for some of my freelance clients, so when I come here I just want to do what I want to do. I mean, for me, there has to be a place where I can be creative and be me, or writing isn't even worth it. That's just me, it's just how I am.

The money for isn't AWFUL though... If I look at all my sources of writing income (HP, freelance  work, Examiner, etc), I have been roughly doubling my income each year for three years. Right now, I'm at a good place with it. If I double what I made this year in 2010 it will be like a regular full-time 'job' income and I'll be more than content.

8. thisisoli profile image69
        thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I have earned quite a lot from hubpages, on around $750 so far this month, and I hope the value keeps on growing!

9. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 14 years ago

I don't really write sales copy or product hubs, but in October 2009 I pulled down just about 10 dollars shy of $1000 with only 150-something Hubs.

Hitting your niche doesn't have to mean turning into a sales person, and given the state of the US economy, I like to give people something other than a message that just tells them to buy stuff.  I also think having a really broad mix of topics and styles provides for some insulation for when people aren't shopping.

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

impressive! is all i have to say.

*wow*

10. livewithrichard profile image72
        livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

I know I've made quite a bit here on HP.  The first couple months were shaky and I didn't earn much but then I made it past the learning curve and things started to skyrocket. With EPN, Amazon, and Adsense, I earn between $200 and $300 each month just from my hubs, but out of 124 hubs, around 20 of them haven't earned a single penny of Adsense.

If you want to earn money here on HP you have to write what people are searching for.  Having a lot of followers is great (for the ego) but you'll earn money from those that find your work through the search engines and referral sites (backlinks).

11. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years ago

pgrundy, your writing is brilliant. Your gift hub is a masterpiece of snarky glee.

I'm at $7.38 after four months. I do not have nearly enough published because I spend my writing time studying how-to hubs and forums.

The learning here is priceless and I've said before that I feel like I should be paying tuition to somebody.

I don't normally jump in this type of forum, but I'm here to say that after weeks of study I am just now starting to write a couple hubs that use what I have learned. We'll see if I flop or not lol I'm really excited that I'm starting to feel like I know what I'm doing.

So the answer to your question Darkside: I have earned a HELL of a lot in terms of how-to. I'm hoping to see a payout in a couple months but most importantly I've got some hope. Cheesy yes, but it's been a long time since I found something good.

smile

1. profile image0

Thanks for the compliment. That's nice of you to say.

I think my writing skills are good but my internet skills suck. I just can't get with it, and try as I might to care, I can't summon that either.

Clearly there's something I don't do very well or I wouldn't be having .03 cent days two years into being here. I'm not going to write about cell phones or Tiger Woods or whatever just because people are searching for that, and I don't like to write product reviews and haven't done well with the few I've tried, so I just have to make my money elsewhere.

I don't like judging myself by how much money I generate anyway. Lots of people who are total jerks make money--so what? That's why I left the bank. That's why I work for myself. I generated lots of money at the bank until I began to hate myself for it. It isn't what matters to me. I want to do work I care about, not just be a human ATM.

Sometimes it gets very frustrating though--I mean, lots of people here talk about learning so much. I clearly haven't. Or won't.

12. Rik Ravado profile image87
        Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

This thread is HubPages at its best.  Some really great writers sharing their success stories with virtually no back-biting or bitchary!

I'm here to learn rather than earn much as I have a demanding day job (at the moment!) but my income has risen steadily over the nearly 2 years that I have been here.  HubPages is my favorite writing site and most of what I've learned has come from fellow hubbers.

Darkside (and several other people in this thread) typify what makes Hubpages great.  Wishing all you good Hubbers a great holiday and a prosperous (AdSense permitting) New Year!

13. rmcrayne profile image91
        rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I didn’t apply for AdSense right away per recommendations by Lissie.  A lot of people were getting declined when I started.  I applied and set up my AdSense account 11 Nov and have made at least a few cents every day.  I’m over $15 at this point from AdSense.  I haven’t made anything from Amazon.

14. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I've earned some, and that's more than I expected when I joined this site. What I'm enjoying now more than $ is being read and a steady increase in search engine traffic. I am learning a lot about many things and it helps in other categories of work/like. Everything seems to be connected.

what I do see is important is something I read from Paul Edmonson when I first started, write what you know and love. and write 'evergreen' articles, something which will always be searched.
        Darkside's words that always help me while writing, 'write for the reader, what does your reader want to know, what doesn't he know...' that's what makes writing here truly unique, writing from ones own perspective. there's so much to learn from each other, and I take what applies to my own style and don't try to copy someone else. smile

15. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years ago

[Sometimes it gets very frustrating though--I mean, lots of people here talk about learning so much. I clearly haven't. Or won't.]

I agree about product review hubs. I can't pull that off, it's not how I think I guess.
        It's been so long since I stopped writing that I'm still trying to get my old style back.

It's a shame that you are not seeing better revenue. Maybe try an Extreme Hub Makeover? I have to think there could be some minor things you could do to help out your hubs, without changing your style or your topics.

In any case, your content is great.
        smile

1. profile image0

If you arent good at writing about products which you dont own, which is understandable, then try writing about things you do own. If you like the product in question, then write a positive review and insert an Amazon capsule. It is very easy to write an honest review of something that you use in your everday life; a lot easier on the soul then lying.

16. yoshi97 profile image57
        yoshi97posted 14 years ago

It took me nearly 6 months to reach my first payout, but my second is well underway ... smile

17. wsp2469 profile image59
        wsp2469posted 14 years ago

I am sure HubPages makes tons of money but I would not say that all hubbers make ANY money--let alone 'a lot"--whatever that would be.
        I am personally NOT an "ad writer".
        Come to think of it, a lot of people who think they are really aren't either.
        I've read or rather seen the hubs.
        Some people cannot even speak or write English properly.
        Others have more ads than text.
        I think there are actually very few people doing it in a very balanced/right way, if you will.
        I have stopped even looking at the hubs of certain people because I know it's just crap and ads.
        You really have to have a balance if you're going to do this money-making thing, ya know?

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
          rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess it depends on what people are searching for. I know there are times when I'm searching for a topic and the first few google searches often are nothing but ads and a few lines of text. It's frustrating. there are times when I have to go to the second page to get a decent article which isn't covered with ads.

2. nyliram profile image58
          nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you, you have pretty much summed it up. I certainly do not read Hubs that are solely ad based. I also dislike duplicity and will not read boring Hubs that have been merely researched from the excellent work of others.
          For like all forms of plagerism, you can spot the fakes.

18. travelespresso profile image69
        travelespressoposted 14 years ago

I've earned the price of a coffee!!! 
        Its not enough money for the airfare to buy one in some exotic destination but if I could get my hands on the dosh, I could pay for one here!  Perhaps I can shorten my name to "espresso".

19. thisisoli profile image69
        thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Hi pgrundy, I feel kind of bad that you haven't made anything, your Hubs all seem pretty good!

Have you tried altering your hub layout?

Try placing two related amazon adverts side by side below each product you talk about in your top tens, that boosted my conversion rate!

I always have my set up as the following

Text  ¦  Picture
              ¦
          ----¦---------
        Amazon¦  Amazon

This kind of layout gives the reader the review of the product, then gives them the price, and an opportunity to buy.  If you have your Amazon Ads before the reader has finished reading the review, they may just skip right past them!

1. Will Apse profile image87
          Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you should be an advisor to the President.

1. profile image0

Seriously? That's what we need--a president who knows how to sell stuff on the internet. Yeah.

1. thisisoli profile image69
              thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The President is a salesman, everything he says is overseen by hundreds of people.

Besides I am English, advisor to the Queen maybe? :p

2. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i love your Wii hub. the layout is perfect! made me want to get my Wii back from my son wink

yep. i always write about things i either own, have owned, have first-hand knowledge of or just love. that way i can add my own experiences with the things i write about. i think people like to see that personalization a little, plus it's fun to write about things you like...

3. profile image0

Thanks, Mark Knowles sent me a similar tip and I did start using it on my newer hubs. I haven't reworked the others, but maybe after Xmas if my freelance work drops off I could productively spend some time reworking layouts and stuff.

Appreciate the good advice. smile

20. wsp2469 profile image59
        wsp2469posted 14 years ago

It doesn't have to be about the money!
        Furthermore, the amount of money made or NOT made has nothing to do whatsoever with the quality of writing.
        I think I have one account set up.
        My boss did it for me.
        At least she tried to do it for me.
        I have not even checked it for months.

21. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Well, I've made the price of a cup of tea in the caff down the hill big_smile

Still, after only four weeks and four hubs, I'm not complaining. It's as much as I made in over 2 months with 13 articles at another site which is nothing like as friendly and fun as HP.

My main obstacle is time. I seem to end up with silly work deadlines, which leave little time for hubbing.

My second obstacle is that I don't get the SEO and traffic stuff despite reading tons here and elsewhere. I run and put a link somewhere to a hub. That brings me a little blip of about two readers and then nothing.

My third obstacle is that I'm not very product oriented and also a bit out of the mainstream, so I don't really know what people are looking for.

I've decided I'm going to play around, doing what I want to do and enjoying the ride. If I get some pennies as well, I'll save them up for a bottle of Bolly smile

22. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Oh, and I forgot to say mega-congratulations to those of you who manage to make a real business out of your hubs. I'm sure you put in huge amounts of time and effort and deserve everything you get.

23. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to hang out with the type of talent I've seen here at HubPages.  I've learned so much since I've been here and keep trying to soak up more along the way.  There are so many here that are willing to share what they know and how they got where they are.

It took me 9 months to get my first payout, but only 2 months to get the 2nd.  I was just a little shy of making that monthly payout in November, but that's ok. I hit it early in December which makes the rest of December the gravy money.  In Amazon sales, I've made more in 10 days in December than I did on any whole month prior.  This is going to be a good month.

"When I grow up" I hope to be just like Nelle or Mark and make some serious monthly money.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well KCC you are earning quicker than I am, so well done, you must be doing something right smile

2. profile image0
          Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think next year will be a very good year for you!

1. lakeerieartists profile image64
            lakeerieartistsposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      24. wrenfrost56 profile image56
        wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I agree, although I am not a 'big earner' I know I am a slow and easily distracted writer. I can however see there is great earning potential on HP and I am happy with the amount I have made so far. smile

25. bojanglesk8 profile image60
        bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Yes, I am very thankful for HubPages.

26. G Miah profile image78
        G Miahposted 14 years ago

I'm working on my backlinks, and although it has only been 4 weeks here, i am really enjoying myself!

Money is the last thing on my mind with writing on HP, but i am working towards setting up as many backlinks as possible.

I have noticed a very high traffic rate since setting up all my hubs on Xomba, and i'm sure i'll get more when i set up on other bookmarking sites.

Happy hols!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)