Cris A's 100th Hub.. did we celebrate if not why not

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (78 posts)
  1. profile image0
    seasoningposted 14 years ago

In my opinion quite the most artistic, kind and just all round wonderful person on here, with I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s can't ever decide between these two.....

any way did i miss a thread congratulating Cris on a 100 hubs.... if not  let's raise a glass to this man

STill thanking god every day that he is still alive, after the floods in Manilla... vote on his 100th hub

1. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Great job!

2. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

yeah i missed that  too...... congratulations Cris
    here is  the link  http://hubpages.com/hub/hub-to-have-awards-2009

3. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Oh my. And I commented on his 99th hub that I'm waiting for his 100th. And then I missed it sad. Off to read it now smile.

Congrats Cris!

4. VacationAustralia profile image67
    VacationAustraliaposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Cris! smile

5. profile image0
    Miss Takeposted 14 years ago

so you like my name Cris, but have you read my work, i have read every word you have ever written...

CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE THE BEST

6. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

He is my adopted son ya know? Love ya Cris and you know it! Kudos and long live the King!

7. profile image0

is he really ralwus, lucky you, adopt me and i can be his sister

8. profile image0

LOL, well now, I may just do that. Let me investigate as Cris seems to have some affection for you. You may regret it tho', my protocol is flirt first and run!

9. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Cris comes across as a lovely person and both Cris, his family and friends have been through so much of late. I for one heartily congratulate him ... and let's not forget the fact that some of his hubs are purely for the hubbing community.

WEll done Cris - now sup up and light up wink

1. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lots of his hubs are purely for the hubbing community he is the best...... where is everyone today,,,

CRIS WHERE ARE YOU

10. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I am not Chris but I do send congrats smile

11. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

CoNgRaTuLaTioNs Rock Star (Angel)!!  big_smile

http://www.bobpiper.co.uk/champagne_toast.jpg
    on your 100th!! You ARE #1 the Best and Loved So Much By all!
            (the above is a caption from my 3rd person) wink

big_smile Woooooo  hooooooo!!! big_smile

Love & Light

1. profile image0

when did you learn how to do that with the pictures, teach me.....

2. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59
      I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

we need a toast on each page!!!   we'll all be looped by the time the man in shadows returns    cool  big_smile

1. profile image0

hic this champers is good, another glass please

12. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59

ok, some OLD thread came up a while back where BP explained it! What you do is when you find a pick
    1) right click on it
    2) click in properties
    3) Copy the http address
    4) paste it here
    5) add   [img]example address[/img]       (imgs on eithere side) big_smile

1. profile image0

tried loads of times could not make it work, should i be putting slash back in both brackets

13. Trsmd profile image58
    Trsmdposted 14 years ago

very nice tutorial..

1. profile image0

do you know marine always. that is just the thing he would say too

14. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Hey Chris!  Congrats!  LYM!  smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

15. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59

no, the slash just is in the 2nd one... it is touch and go for me too... some addresses come up too long.. this one was a chance success  big_smile i am happy it worked

1. profile image0

yeah my addresses were way to long..... we can share yours, where is the man today i wonder......

16. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59

maybe hiding. hehehehe  big_smile

17. profile image0

embarras him out of his hiding.  Are you voting for me for best poet, i am not voting for you as i want to win.... only kidding  i know you will share the prize money with me

18. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59

well, I may be forced to vote for you since my favourite is not on the list tongue   LOLzzz    can you handle being second best  big_smile

1. profile image0

what an absolutely horrible thing to say ....... away with you now.  I know i am not the best but i thought i was your fave.  WHO IS THE BEST. you can add the person to the list. 

you would vote for me as best friend would you, probably would not, knowing you....... i want my dots back now also

Cris You Are My Favourite Now. not him

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59

lol  lol  read above  ^^^^

1. profile image0

did someone say something.... not talking to you, Cris come and sort this guy out

19. Jerilee Wei profile image68
    Jerilee Weiposted 14 years ago

Cris A is certainly one of my favorites and deserves all the best congratulations on his 100th hub.  He honors everyone of us just by his presence on hubpages.

20. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59

Well I guess we agree on our favourite NOW, right Poet!! Nobody can vote for Cris, remember...hmmmm?  You and Cris are my fave's big_smile

rrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxx! have some champagne!! lol

1. profile image0

too late now the damage has been done, please give me all my dots back...........  i prefer Jess Kilmenow to you anyway, i am relaxed

purple hair so suits you ...................................................but...........................you.........................................................................cannot ..........................................have............................your...................dots.................................back..........................................so there!  lol

21. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

congratulations to a very talented writer, Cris A, not only because he is a Filipino like me, but he really deserve a TOAST and a San Mig beer,

22. profile image0

i*n*v*c*t*u*s  Is there a problem here, this thread is for Cris, did you realise, everyone's no 1 poet

23. profile image0

lets go find our fave poems by him and put links up so everyone can read them.....
    http://hubpages.com/hub/sleep-to-dream-to-wake this one is pure magic it is beautiful.  I remember the first time i read it, i was so moved by the words

24. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

Congratulations to Cris A on his 100th hub!!!  I love his work so much.  He is one of the most evocative poets I've ever encountered, anywhere!

25. profile image0

she won't take any notice of me she is a free spirit, any how she is not the one who is upsetting my guests, now is she young man.....

26. profile image0

ha ha ha aha that told you didn't it

Seasoning, you are stealing my dots too............

27. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59

This Hub by Cris knocked me off my feet! woah..... big_smile
    http://hubpages.com/hub/music-and-magic … el-legrand

Enter and listen to the music while taking in the poetry and images at once.....    At your own risk (of course)............LOL

1. Paradise7 profile image69
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, that one especially was worth a re-visit!!!  And the music!!! And the poetry!!!! And the pics!!!!  THAT hub has it ALL!!!

28. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 14 years ago

I'm fine sitting back and laughing my ass silly over your exchanges! Sorry but I just got back from a rendezvous, okay a meetup with an old friend (can't I lie and make it sound exciting?! LOL)

Hey, thanks for all the kind words. They make me slightly proud of my (ahem) body of work. It seems I've actually been doing good and it's only now I'm realizing it. Thanks for making it all worthwhile for me, and me worth your while cool cool

1. profile image0

hooray he is here, going to get some more of your poems posted up for everyone to read, which of all your poems is your fave

Hey Cris, tell us more!!!!  About the "rendezvous".  We could do film noir, it was a dark and misty night, and Cris A went to meet...a friend...

1. Cris A profile image59
          Cris Aposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was just trying to get you all curious, but really it was a casual meetup with friends. One of them flew in from Tehran so it was mostly catchup talks and we were like a group of 6. So there. But I had fun. And thanks for asking cool

2. Cris A profile image59

That's a tough question and you know it is. It's like asking me who's my fave amongst all of you. So I won't answer! Ha!

Although my most read poem is The River according to my stats. cool

1. profile image0

CRIS I KNOW I AM YOUR FAVE

you wish  big_smile

1. profile image0

ask him

2. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59

oh, what a pleasant surprise.... big_smile  ...........and a river runs through us all!! cool

29. profile image0

cris ralwus has adopted me and now we are brother and sister. Isn't that wonderful

Cool.  That Ralwus is one cool dude.  You'll be happy to be his sister!

1. profile image0
        seasoningposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah we can go on holiday together and things with daddy

2. Cris A profile image59

Yeah I read it somewhere. But I think he also forewarned you about his um habit. Take heed. The only thing old about that old man is his age! Cool, now we're virtual siblings! cool

30. profile image0

RALWUS ADOPT ME I WANNA BE HIS SISTER TOOOOOOOO

Me, too!!!  The guy's gonna end up with a HUGE family if he adopts us ALL!!!!

31. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Chris...may you reach newer and newer milestones in your own unique, creative way! smile

32. profile image0

http://hubpages.com/hub/if-i-go-away  this one will make you cry even the thought of him ever going away.....

33. profile image0

OK, since the Scots and Native Americans were really good at adopting I will adopt you all into Clan Campbell. hmmm you must remember our motto, Ne Obliviscaris though, Do Not Forget. I shall forego renaming you with Cherokee names, just too difficult. LOL Peace and let's have a round of great Clan Campbell Scotch. big_smile

oh, lovely, Campbell Scotch after all this Champagne... I got your number 'Bucko'!! lol  Thanks CC! I'm honoured.

34. profile image0

http://hubpages.com/hub/when-i-cant-wri … rs-for-you
    i remember this was the first time we saw your photoshop i think i love this hub.  i have read it over and over.

Thanks! When I was making the poll, honestly, I haven't read your hubs but I have come across your hubber name and can't quite forget it. To my mind it's quite well, ingenious. Anyway, I will make amends and make sure to come by. cool

1. profile image0
        Miss Takeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i will give you a little clue as to who i am., but do not blow my cover,  er, one night you waited up til 3 a.m. so i could post a message to you.  you shared a long poem in forums with me, and i am your second fave after poet lorraine

As far as I can remember, there were only three persons I was exchanging poetry lines in the Forums back then. There was Brenda, and Shalini and you must be... am I correct? cool

1. profile image0
            Miss Takeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

are you talking 2 or 3 people

There were 3 "active" contributors to that thread. I say active because there were others who also contributed, but not as much as I did or Brenda or Shalini and this other hubber (which might've been you). cool

2. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years ago

Congrats on that tremendous milestone, and the "Hub Awards" is a great idea!!

Thanks. And you'll get there in no time if you keep it up! Glad you like the "hub awards" cool

3. profile image0

the third one had an apple on her head and disappeared i thought that might have been you actually....... you should know who i am by now, but sssssshhhhh

I knew it! Well it's nice to see you back cool

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is Brenda Scully

4. Cris A profile image59

Many thanks, Karina cool

5. profile image0

hi Ryan i was seasoning and Miss Take but you know what i am hopeless at it, i always forget who i am going to be, so i am sticking to just being Poet Lorraine.  So nice to see you Ryan.

6. Shalini Kagal profile image55
      Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

http://www.balloonees.com/images/balloons/congrats/congrats%20starburst.jpg

Here's to many more 100s on HP, Cris.
      Congrats to one of the nicest and most talented hubbers I know!

7. profile image0

THEE NICEST I AM CERTAIN.....

8. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Congrats Cris A! Now on to the next 100 big_smile

9. profile image0

hey crazed  have you really de fanned me, i do not believe it.

10. Cris A profile image59

Thanks shalini, poet, crazd cool

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)