jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (17 posts)

Question about Snipsly

1. gracenotes profile image91
    gracenotesposted 6 years ago

I just joined it a few days ago, and have posted bookmarks to almost all of my hubs.

I wrote the three or four sentences for each, but not copied from my hub at all.

When you post to Snipsly, is it wise to keep the same title as your hub?  Or would you change it slightly?

I like Snipsly so far.  It's sort of a welcome change from writing hubs, and the posting is fairly mindless.  I feel like I'm doing something virtuous there, like polishing silverware or raking leaves!

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I kept my same titles. I have about 6 of mine there now and have picked up some traffic, but not in huge numbers. it is a young site. it is nice to post so quickly and have some backlinks. the format is nice.

3. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Don't look to Snipsly for backlinks. I'm pretty certain they're NoFollow backlinks which aren't going to be much benefit to you.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmmm, they are showing up in my statistics and analytics.. ?

would they still show up if they were nofollow? I don't know much about backlinks.

4. livewithrichard profile image87
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

I just checked and all of mine are dofollow.

5. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I quickly looked at the code, which said NoFollow. But if you guys are getting DoFollows, I'm happy to admit that I was wrong! smile

1. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm. i have like ten hub links posted over there and not a single traffic sighting from them. i still have tons from shetoldme though, and i haven't even posted there in over a week.

i'm thinking i did something wrong when i put my links at snipsly - i used referral links instead of just regular links - is that wrong?

6. fishtiger58 profile image79
    fishtiger58posted 6 years ago

Snipsly is showing up for me as well.

7. ForTheInterim profile image74
    ForTheInterimposted 6 years ago

I'm just checking out Snipsly now - I feel I'm still struggling with getting enough traffic!  Looking for as much help there as possible.

Just a comment on DoFollow/NoFollow, showing up in Google Analytics, etc.

It's my understanding that if anyone clicks through to your site from another site, it will show up in Analytics, regardless of if it is Do Follow or NoFollow. NoFollow websites will still let visitors visit your site directly.

*However* if it is a NoFollow link, it means Google won't recognize this as a link, and therefore won't consider your site/article as worthy as if it were a DoFollow link.

This counts for Page Rank.. the more DoFollow links you have pointing to your articles, the better Google thinks your article is, and thus the higher up it is on the Google search. 

Not to ramble on! I spent a while trying to sort this out... and I think it's an ongoing battle.

8. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Both links will show in any of your stats programs

both will show in a backlink checker that uses the yahoo engine

NoFollow will still help in speedy indexing ( this is not 100% accepted, but all my tests support this)

NoFollow merely removes the recommended aspect of a backlink..ie, the site linked from isnt passing any authority on to the site that is linked with the nofollow attribute

9. sunforged profile image68

with a quick glance using seo for firefox , only comments are nofollow, the link in a post is dofollow

I didnt check around a lot, so perhaps some are archived or older and have different rules, but from what i could see just comments are nofollow, which is deceiving if you checked teh page source instead of using a tool

10. 0
    TMinutposted 6 years ago

Since it's so new, is it mainly just hubbers going over there and linking to our hubs back here? That would be kind of funny!

11. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

No-follow should not help that much with Google indexing, since a no follow link stops the search engine spiders from following it. Some search engines do ignore the no-Follow attribute though!

No Follow links still bring in traffic from click throughs though, and may help spread more links to your site organically (People posting about your site on their own websites).

I could be wrong on this though, it has been a few months since I have read up on search indexing or no-follow backlinks, and the internet is an ever changing place!

12. sunforged profile image68

not new info, just a common misconception.

a index spider and a ranking spider operate differently, nofollow only talks to the ranking spider

13. libra profile image60
    libraposted 6 years ago

Need some advice from a guru - Is it good practice to accept a pingback from Snipsley back to your site?

14. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Mine are showing as dofollow?

15. Anamika S profile image72
    Anamika Sposted 6 years ago

I have verified this. The posts are dofollow but the comments are nofollow.