jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

HTML Question

1. DevinG profile image60
    DevinGposted 7 years ago

Hey fellow hubbers! I have an HTML question that I can't seem to get right.

Is there currently a way to make a link in a hub and link it to a different part of the same hub? What I mean is does Hub support a method to jumping to a different part of the hub?

I kindly thank you for any input smile.

2. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure anchor text linking only allows jumping between URL's so linking inside your own hub would simply just jump the reader back to the top of the page. Linking to different subtitled parts of your article cannot be done through url anchortexting. If there is a way ,its by another means I have yet to hear of. That would be a cool feature though. Suggest it in the new idea forum!

3. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

edit: also jumping between your own (different) url hubs

4. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

If there is a way using HTML source code editing, you couldn't anyway because modifying source code here in not allowable. I already wrote to staff and asked when i got here a few months ago

5. sunforged profile image66
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

yes, I have never bothered but if you can read source code or have ( firebug ) installed, you can link to the diff divs

darkside has a hub on it

http://hubpages.com/hub/tableofcontents

1. mel22 profile image60
      mel22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Awesome dude, you always got good answers.... but I wouldn.t try it as I was told ,no don't mess with code. Basically told it would be unnappropriate to do so when wanting to change color of subtitle

1. sunforged profile image66
        sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

its just a link! not effecting source code - hubs has all the code they dislike disabled if it works, its allowed

Not to mention DS wrote that hub almost two years ago! and many, many hubbers use a table of contents as he suggested

LOOK

6. DevinG profile image60
    DevinGposted 7 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the responses; I shall take a look at that hub.

7. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

yeah I read it already after I posted. It's not affecting source code so I'll be trying eventually. He basically tweaked the link capsule a bit by pasting code without actually adding or  changing code. Pretty ingenius way of tweaking code into a capsule I thought!

8. DevinG profile image60
    DevinGposted 7 years ago

Yes, very ingenious. It is exactly what I wanted.

working