jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

HubPage View problem

1. greathub profile image75
    greathubposted 8 years ago

Strange things are happening to my hubs.

When I visit my hubpages with Firefox, I see no Google Adsense ads.

When I use IE, there are ads but my hub looks really terrible. Formatting goes to hell.

I think Hubpages has been designed to look good on firefox.

May be I have problems with my settings.

What's your opinion?

1. quotations profile image93
      quotationsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I checked our some of your hubs using both Internet Explorer and Firefox and they look fine to me. They both show ads.

If you cannot see the google ads it is probably because you have turned off javascript on your browser, which will prevent them from displaying.

Another cause might be your antivirus or firewall settings may be set to prevent ads from displaying. But since you can see them in Explorer, that is probably not the cause. It is likely the security setting son Firefox. Try enabling javascript, or lowering your security settings and see what happens.

Can you see the ads on any other site, or is it just on hubpages that you are having a problem?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Recently it was posted that HubPages users use IE more than Firefox, so the site is being programmed/designed to be compatible with IE.  Chances are you are having a problem with your settings or something else that's specific to your browser.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

While it is true that more of our visitors use internet explorer, we actually do most of our development using firefox.  When we are done with a feature, we test with IE and fix any issues that we see.

My guess in this case is some strange browser settings or security program interference, or an incomplete download of our javascript file or style sheet.  Shutting down all instances of the browser, opening it again, and then holding down shift and refresh on the problem page will usually solve the temporary problems.  If it is a browser setting, that is harder to diagnose remotely.