jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Something is wrong...

1. abacusmage profile image62
    abacusmageposted 8 years ago

I joined this great site two days ago, and so far I really love it. I did not post a lot of articles yet but I have some. As everybody else did, I created an account with adsense and from HP I am generating almost 200 page views a day. But when I log onto adsense to see how much I made, the pageviews don't match and I still don't have one single cent. Does adsense only work when people click the ads on my articles? If yes, then why out of 400 clicks, nobody clicked one single ad? And how do you people manage?

2. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image77
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 8 years ago

Yep, you only earn money when someone clicks an ad. Some topics generate more ad clicks than others. It may take a little time for you to figure out which topics are more profitable for you.

As to how we make it, I don't think anyone is getting rich  on Hubpages wink Many of us do it because we love to write, we like the community here, and, yes, we can earn money as well.

Good luck!

3. abacusmage profile image62
    abacusmageposted 8 years ago

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. I am not aiming to become rich from here lol (although it is nice to daydream a little about it) but it will be nice to make some income. Writing is my passion (even though I fail big time) and the more I am getting to know this site, the more I am getting to love it too...

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

In general can expect to make from about $1 to $5 for every thousand times your hubs are viewed.  However, you'll probably be at (or even below) the low end of that range if you're hubs aren't generating views from outside of the community (typically that means from search engines).  Give it some time.