jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

New feature suggestion : Notepad

1. Drwibble profile image61
    Drwibbleposted 6 years ago

I did a quick look to see if this had been suggested before but could not find any mention of it.

My suggestion is on the My Account page, to have an extra button and feature called Note, this would open up window not too dissimilar to what is available for when you create a hub, it will be a place to note down ideas, to do lists, keyword research and ideas about your hubs. Of course, this will only be visible to yourself.

1. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like that. It would let you save a few ideas without having to commit them to an unpublished hub on a fixed (and maybe unsuitable) URL. Good scheme!

2. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just use Microsoft Word myself XD
      It would be a good idea if the Hubpages team didn't have to put in a lot of work and resources for something not really necessary. Decent suggestion however.

2. Midgie Fields profile image60
    Midgie Fieldsposted 6 years ago

Excellent Idea!

3. jennasbigbras profile image59
    jennasbigbrasposted 6 years ago

Being a tad on the forgetful side I would definitley use a note feature - great idea!

4. irwanfazri profile image60
    irwanfazriposted 6 years ago

Good idea

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Why would it be beneficial and a good use of time and resources for HubPages to reinvent this feature when users can do this using any number of programs already on their home computers or using free services on the web (ie Google documents)?

6. Drwibble profile image61
    Drwibbleposted 6 years ago

I don't deny there are many other alternatives for storing notes, just like there are many other alternatives for creating webpages. However, I can't speak for everyone else but some of the benefits I can foresee of this feature being added to hubpages are

*Similar work environment i.e. don't have to learn new tools
    *Benefit from hubpage specific features: such as Link module
    *Not everyone works from the same computer all the time
    *As Paraglider said it can even used to generate a hub before committing to a url

In terms of good use of time and resource of hubpages, It is up to hubpages to decide if they feel this feature suggestion will enhance hubpages enough against the cost of implementing it. As I have no idea their development systems, engineering manpower, modularity of design, priority of workload, criteria for feature inclusion, I don't know where the trade off is so all I can do is make a suggestion.
    In terms of implementing, a simple solution would be just an permanent link to unpublishable hub per user.

7. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

This would also be helpful to me, for there have been several ideas I had that after I wrote the hub found out that what I needed wasn't available, or that my idea did not look so good once I hade written it out, then had to unpublish.  This would be helpful....

8. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

nice idea

9. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

great idea!  I agree about the two computer user thing, I do go between computers and it would be great to have my notes in my account area.

10. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

This idea is pretty smart, and I would find it helpful for sure, Thanks big_smile

11. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

If I'm reading it right, what you really want is some way of jotting down ideas for new Hubs.  You can do this already by simply starting a new Hub, and saving it as unpublished - but the objection is, that means you have to commit to a URL.

So what you really want is to be able to write a Hub and decide the URL at the end, or have an opportunity to change the permalink once it's done.

Things like to do lists, keyword research etc. can be just as easily handled outside HP.