jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Helped my DD pack her room, now...

1. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

all my mojo for what I need to get done has flown out the window.

We got the major portion of nick knacks and the like packed up last night and all nicely stacked in my dining room. She pretty much just has her desk, clothes, a few pics on the wall, and some DVD's to pack up before the 23rd of next month now. I have to say the progress makes me proud as she is a major procrastinator when it comes to packing to move but this time she is getting it in gear and organizing.

Me, on the other hand, am drained, lol.

2. Stimp profile image79
    Stimpposted 6 years ago

Alright....what's the beginning of the story.  I missed it but would like to hear.  What's a DD?

3. 0

My DD (darling daughter) is moving in Jan. half way cross the US to Arizona.

4. Stimp profile image79
    Stimpposted 6 years ago

Oh, so are you cool with that?

5. 0

Oh yeah cool with it. Just gonna miss her like crazy. Seems the list of things she needs to do keeps growing but at least we made some headway on the packing last night.

Having a cup of joe has helped get me moving at least I got the laundry done, lol

6. Stimp profile image79
    Stimpposted 6 years ago

Most of my friends (mothers) who have had a child move out were almost devastated at the time.  Then by the time the child came back for a holiday or whatever, she'd be like "god, when is she leaving.  I'm tired of having my house a mess and having her stuff sitting all over."  I can understand that cuz when my fiance's children come over they just drop their crap wherever it lands and leave it there.

7. 0

I'm actually getting little bits and pieces of my house back as the progressive move comes along which is freaking awesome. I am sure at some point I will be that way too about when are they ever going to leave because as it is I can't wait for the weekend most weeks because they spend it at his house.

My office/craft room was the first thing redone and I am loving it. The kitchen was next with a major overhaul that resulted in sending a lot of items that I don't and won't be using to the packing bins.

Next will come her room which will again be the master even though it is on the second floor but it has the most spacious of closets, lol

Lastly, I will revamp my room into the den where I can sit and read, listen to music or what TV.

The downstairs living room will be relegated to guests only with no audiovisual equipment. It will be for visiting only.

The dining room of course will be set with placemats and a runner for decoration only. I take most my meals here in the office now so no big change there.

Don't get me wrong I hate that she is moving that far but I got my house back where I was the only one living here for about a year, then my son moved back in, my daughter moved back in, my daughter moved out, my son moved out and then my daughter moved back. The revolving door is coming off the hinges this time, lol

It will give me the time I need to focus on affiliate marketing, hubs, writing my fiction and creating my wares that I sell.