jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

When is a 'hot' hub no longer hot?

1. apricot profile image81
    apricotposted 6 years ago

When do the 'hot' hubs pass their sell by dates?  Mine still has a 99 hubscore but it's been taken off the list of hot hubs...just wondered how it worked?

2. itech profile image57
    itechposted 6 years ago

As the some new hubs came with high speed of popularity.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Hot refers to a traffic and/or activity burst over a very short period of time.  By comparison, a "best" hub is one that is having a lot of activity over a more sustained period of time.

1. apricot profile image81
      apricotposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok...I just wondered why it would suddenly get taken off the list.....I suppose the traffic must have dropped making it insufficient to class as hot?

4. Cleanclover profile image61
    Cleancloverposted 6 years ago

when they are cold. Lol, Seriously evergreen hubs are always hot so right hubs that are not time sensitive

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cleanclover, please stop answering questions when you don't know the answer.  You've been here long enough that people will think you know what you're talking about, whereas I've never seen you in the help forums before, and your answers indicate you have big gaps in your knowledge.

As Relache says, "Hot" Hubs are Hubs that have a burst of traffic over a short time period.  Writing evergreen Hubs won't make any difference.