jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

looking for advice on linking.....

1. ambieca profile image79
    ambiecaposted 7 years ago

so after a little more digging on how to get better at hubpages, Ive found that I have no incoming links on any of my pages.  From what I understand this means I havent reasearched other sites with similar topics that would support my information?? is this correct?? can you link any link you like or do you need to get permission from the website you want to link?

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

There are a few restrictions on hub pages regarding outgoing links so as to keep your pages from being spammy. That said a few relevant outgoing links is usually fine and your readers might appreciate them.

If you are referring to back links, links from other places that point toward your pages, they can happen organically over time as webmasters and such find your work and include it on their sites. There are things you can do to back link your pages yourself and there are many good hubs here on how to do that to greatest effect. I would suggest you read a few of them as there are some great bits of advice that is likely to appeal to you.

ambiecaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thank you!

3. 0
    Denno66posted 7 years ago

Go away.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That was to a spammer that was making the rounds a few minutes ago right? I assume they posted here as well as every other thread I have seen in the past few minutes and have just been given the boot.

1. 0
        Denno66posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is correct, I chased him to make him tired. big_smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
          kirstenblogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol were you riding a sheep and brandishing something?

1. 0
            Denno66posted 7 years ago in reply to this

A Spamming Iron lol

4. thisisoli profile image63
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Yes, incoming links refers to webpages linking to your hub, not webpages you have referenced.  The more people who link to your hub the better!

oh ok, now i understand. thank you thisisoli

5. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

Yea, thisisoli is rite, and here are a few interesting ways to get backlinks to your hubs: http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-Easy-Free-Backlinks

thanks, i will check that out!

6. fdoleac profile image60
    fdoleacposted 7 years ago

Set up an account wit GoArticles which is text based.  Re write or edit your hub to effectively create a related article.  Post the article on GoArticles and link to your Hub with the appropriate anchor text.  Establish a Twitter account and tweet all your posts.  This will jumpstart traffic to your Hubs.

1. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
      Lita C. Malicdemposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is a great information for me. Thank you for sharing. I'm learning yet.

7. Carol the Writer profile image78
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

You might contact someone with a hub on a similar topic to one you have. You could each link to each other's hubs. That would be better than no links.

working