jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

This is pretty weird! It involves my images on my computer!

1. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I was just looking at my hubpages, and I was shocked to see an image of myself that I'm pretty sure I did not upload! What the hell! Does hubpages have access to the files on my computer? has someone hacked me?

If so. I'm going to be very embarresed if anyone can get into my photos on my cmputer. What else can they get into? This has me very worried. Please respond.

1. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

YES you have been Hacked and I must tell you
      I love that pic where you are......
      Out of consideration for your alternative life style I'll shut up.
      Love those six inch spiked heels bro lololol
      just a joke
      just a joke
      just a joke
      Please don't kill me...

2. manlypoetryman profile image72
      manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm Huh?

3. wsp2469 profile image59
      wsp2469posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you serious? 
      Do you drink while you write?
      i do!
      luckily so does my boss!

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Relax. HubPages doesn't have access to your computer.  You would have had to upload the photo.  Just go edit it and take it out.

1. brimancandy profile image84
      brimancandyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok if that is true. Where do I go to edit it. I only uploaded 2 photos to my hub page. One is my profile picture, and the other is me wearing devil horns. Now there is a new page with me wearing sunglasses. I know I didn't upload it. So where did it come from. and how do I delete it.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I can't see a picture of you wearing sunglasses on your profile.  I can see your Hub, which is illustrated with a picture of you in sunglasses AND devil horns.  Your Hubs are always accompanied by a thumbnail of the first picture in your Hub.

If you didn't upload that picture to your Hub, it's a worry - but you can get rid of it by editing your Hub and deleting the capsule.

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Is the pic on one of your articles?

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Habee, you've shrunk!

6. 59
    owner_2posted 6 years ago

No one has hacked your system .Hub pages would not risk their website for your silly snap.

7. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

Ok people! I figured it out.

I joined this site 2 weeks ago or so, and on the very first day I tried to create a hub. Well, I found it pretty confusing. And, I tried to join the adsense through google, and I could not get the application to come up so I could sign up. So, I just decided to terminate what I had.

Low and behold my discarded hub re-appeared today. So, I decided to use it to create a new music review. Which I just published spelling errors and all!

Why doesn't spell check find every mistake! I even found a word with a number in it!

Anyways, problem solved! It is certainly a relief.

Thanks for responding.

8. wyanjen profile image87
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

I'm glad.
    When I published my first hub, I uploaded a pic of a mug of beer. I edited the hub and one of the changes was to delete the beer pic.

Under my hubtivity the next day, it showed that pic as a recently published hub. all by itself.

I have NO IDEA what I did wrong. then it disappeared.

*shrug* lol