jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

At what time of day or conditions do you write best?

1. JBeadle profile image80
    JBeadleposted 6 years ago

I think I need to change my name to 4am hubber.  I am not an "early" person but since I started writing I find my inner voice nagging me to get up at 4-6am and refusing to let me sleep.  I also find early early mornings I can write best.  However, I find I have no difficulty writing in a loud environment as well provided I'm sort of a stranger in the group - like a lone diner at a noisy cafe.  All the excitement and chaos can be energizing.

And you?

1. ecogirl333 profile image60
      ecogirl333posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Definitely better at writing in the mornings and useless when I am cold (like now which is why I'm skiving in the forums!).

2. Rod Marsden profile image87
      Rod Marsdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I write best at night on the train or I should say I do my roughs on the train. The typing on my computer takes place best at night too. Call me a night owl!

it is too hot right now to seriously do good writing in the middle of the day.

2. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 6 years ago

I write best at night (12 - 2 am).

1. Rod Marsden profile image87
      Rod Marsdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Another night owl like me!

3. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I pretty much need to be alone.  It doesn't matter what time, though.  I'll stay up until 4 a.m., or else I may get up at 3:30 a.m.   Then again, on a day when I don't have to work I may write at 8 a.m. or 3:p.m.  I just need to know I have a chunk of a couple of hours by myself.

4. Feline Prophet profile image61
    Feline Prophetposted 6 years ago

Definitely early in the morning...by afternoon my brain is in serious decline! tongue

5. Cris A profile image60
    Cris Aposted 6 years ago

For me, it's like a call of nature - no sense of time whatsoever! It hits me when it hits me! cool

6. 0
    poetlorraineposted 6 years ago

i got up today at 3a.m. and came on the computer.  I am hoping that one day i will be able to write and read others writing at a more sensible time......  and that i can fit writing in around my life, at the moment it seems to be the other way round.

7. 61
    A. Faurholtposted 6 years ago

I usually write at night. After a long day it is good to get something of your chest, and I find it very relaxing. I usually listen to some music, while I write to get me in the right mood and just for enjoyment.

8. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
    GeneralHowitzerposted 6 years ago

No necessary time and day for me, I think I write better when I am fully rejuvenated from work and making blogs by resting and having enough sleep... big_smile

9. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

I need to be alone to write, so early morning is best - plug in the caffeine drip and off I go!

I also write better when I don't get caught up in the forums smile